***OFFICAL: I BOOKED MY TRIP THREAD***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
Just booked my trip. We leave DMS Moines around noon on the 29th and fly into La Guardia around 7. Not the best flight times but a couple flights I was looking at sold out, so I pulled the trigger on the 7 o'clock arrival time.

I've never been to NYC before. This trip is just too good to pass up.

BOOK IT!

BTYamsac

Aug 21, 2011
Congratulations! I hope you have a great time! Hit Times Square. Hit Little Italy, hit Madison Square Garden. You are in the mecca of all of the greatest sporting events ever!

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
Just booked my trip. We leave DMS Moines around noon on the 29th and fly into La Guardia around 7. Not the best flight times but a couple flights I was looking at sold out, so I pulled the trigger on the 7 o'clock arrival time.

I've never been to NYC before. This trip is just too good to pass up.

BOOK IT!
DITO!

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
Congratulations! I hope you have a great time! Hit Times Square. Hit Little Italy, hit Madison Square Garden. You are in the mecca of all of the greatest sporting events ever!

Thanks!

MSG is a must see for me! Little Italy? I'll have to do some research...Never been to the North East US. Can't wait!

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
Got our general plan all laid out. Driving in a group of 5. NYC on New Years Eve should be awesome!

I don't mind driving, but pry cheaper for us to buy plane tix than it would for just two of us to split gas...I couldn't talk anyone else into driving...

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I've got my tickets done... the rest of it is just buying a commuter ticket at the station in New Haven. Go me.

:v_SPIN:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
We're flying into Newark Liberty - staying at the Newark Airport Hilton - $132.86 a night, taxes and fees included.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
Booked mine out of DSM for $481 (29th-1st)...Omaha had better arrival times but not much different in pricing...

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
I want to go so bad just need to talk my mom and step dad into going. I been to NY once but only for a day trip and I loved it, so much history. Would like to go again and spend a few days touring around so much to see.

cymate

Oct 28, 2011
Ames, the labb
getting close. it went from not going at all to defiantly going in a matter of 3 hours. cant wait cant pass this up.

may never have the oppertunity to go again and If i do I will probly be married and have kids so I have to go. NYC for New years eve, yankee stadium. sorry have to do it

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
I'm going. Worked out pretty well for me with airfare vouchers from a fail by Frontier, and staying at "relative's" places. Trip should be under 300$ for me

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
For others booking, I'm pretty sure AirTran runs a flight from Des Moines to NYC via MKE. The flight stops in MKE, but it's the same plane for both legs (eliminates any issues with connecting flights).

I've been flying this back and forth to NYC for work (only getting off and going to MSP). Oh, and if you fly AirTran, it's totally worth upgrading to Business Class for $49 (per leg, I only do it for the longer leg).

Trying to convince my boss to bring me out for the game to "work" (zero cost as I'd stay with friends/coworkers).

OPKSCyclone

Oct 17, 2009
Overland Park, KS
Just booked flight ex. KC on Frontier for $366. It's gonna be a long day. No budget for motel. Flight leaves KC @ 6am arriving 11:15am. Flight home leaves @ 7:30pm arriving @ 10pm. Long day but should keep the trip to $550 +/- $100. According to World Taximeter.com a cab trip from Laguardia to Yankee Stadium is about 8 miles and about $25 w/o tip.

There was one seat left. If anyone else is making this trip and wants to share a taxi let me know.

Reactions: jj-cyclones

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
Just booked flight ex. KC on Frontier for $366. It's gonna be a long day. No budget for motel. Flight leaves KC @ 6am arriving 11:15am. Flight home leaves @ 7:30pm arriving @ 10pm. Long day but should keep the trip to $550 +/- $100. According to World Taximeter.com a cab trip from Laguardia to Yankee Stadium is about 8 miles and about $25 w/o tip.

There was one seat left. If anyone else is making this trip and wants to share a taxi let me know.
That, my friend, is dedication!

I wasn't planning on going, but I found some people to stay with for free so now I'm in the process of lining something up... only hang up is finding someone to watch the kids for a few days!

NWIAclone

Apr 11, 2006
Lake Okoboji
Just finished booking through the Alumni Assoc for a family of five (2 ISU students and 1 high schooler). Staying at the Millennium Broadway Hotel. I reserved the land package only and booked my own flights out of MSP (Nonstop flights for under $500). Go Cyclones.... its been a great year!
note to self: An ISU education is a great thing!