***WBB: 2026 Recruiting Thread***

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Living in beautiful wild NW Wisconsin years back, I came to know the area quite well. My home was in Saint Croix Falls (south of Rice Lake) and I crossed the Saint Croix River to get to my Job in Saint Paul MN, not the mighty Mississippi. :)

Geography fail on my part. When you're in St. Paul you're already east of the Mississippi. Technically, Minneapolis is what is across the river from St. Paul! I recall there being quite a long bridge to get across the St. Croix.

I was up to Rice Lake looking at an old '72 Ford F-150 Camper Special I thought I had to have one time. Didn't like the truck but it was an area I could see myself liking.

• Friendly
Reactions: StClone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Several updates:
  • Williams down to a 2
  • Arambula off the list
  • Miles off the list
  • Janowski off the list
  • Blue off the list
  • Stephens off the list
Is it typical that we lose recruited players faster than we gain them two years out? I wonder what the percentage of players we land after appearing as a recruit is. Some amazing talent in '26 and if we land any of the top ones, I will be happily surprised. We have good (legaCY?) connections with two of the best.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Is it typical that we lose recruited players faster than we gain them two years out? I wonder what the percentage of players we land after appearing as a recruit is. Some amazing talent in '26 and if we land any of the top ones, I will be happily surprised. We have good (legaCY?) connections with two of the best.
I think this was mainly just Bill having time after the season ended to clean up the Twitter accounts he was following.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Looking at OP shocked that Lewis is 5'8 and a guard. I always thought she was like a 6'2 post.
Nothing wrong with that. (In a similar vain of not knowing everything, I did not recognize a posted image of a major WBB player and got called an "idiot" by one of the big shooters on CF.)

UCONN had an early interest in Lewis, but they don't appear to have offered. I don't often see her listed again as one of Geno's uncharacteristic young targets.

I know it is not a misconception that Lewis had a relative and athlete at Iowa State. The name escapes me.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Nothing wrong with that. (In a similar vain of not knowing everything, I did not recognize a posted image of a major WBB player and got called an "idiot" by one of the big shooters on CF.)

UCONN had an early interest in Lewis, but they don't appear to have offered. I don't often see her listed again as one of Geno's uncharacteristic young targets.

I know this is not a misconception that Lewis had a relative and athlete at Iowa State. The name escapes me.

I wasn't saying anything was wrong with her being a guard. I just felt bad because my mom was asking who the big name was when watching Johnston at state tournament and kept telling her it was their starting post player.

• Funny
Reactions: StClone

Cymark86

Dec 2, 2023
Unfortunately Iowa is going to be loaded. Only hope if Frau Bluder screws them up somehow.
Unfortunately one of my take aways from watching Iowa the last couple of years is that Bluder is pretty good. (Of course she is she has a ton of wins!)

But some of their sets and style of play are really fun to watch and imagine play in. Of course having the best player in the game makes that easier but impressed nonetheless.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron