Lazard had Core Surgery - Out Indefinitely

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
As a Packers fan, I can't defend their draft at all.... it was beyond stupid. No justification for it at all.

Jordan Love can't even beat out Tim Boyle for the backup QB position right now and has looked bad in practice. Dillon will be a good one IMO, but was not needed. They do need to pay Jones though, so I'm guessing Williams will be gone and Dillon will then be #2 RB next year, so not as terrible of a pick as Jordan Love was.

As it turns out, GB did have a solid top 3 WRs, they were right about that.... but it drops WAY off after that, and now their top 2 are out with injuries.... actually probably their top 3 considering EQ Brown is also out with injury.

Reactions: Drew0311

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
They haven't even put him on IR yet, so perhaps recovery time isn't as lengthy as we are all thinking. At any rate, he needs to be back SOON. He was really becoming a major part of the offense.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
As a Packers fan, I can't defend their draft at all.... it was beyond stupid. No justification for it at all.

Jordan Love can't even beat out Tim Boyle for the backup QB position right now and has looked bad in practice. Dillon will be a good one IMO, but was not needed. They do need to pay Jones though, so I'm guessing Williams will be gone and Dillon will then be #2 RB next year, so not as terrible of a pick as Jordan Love was.

As it turns out, GB did have a solid top 3 WRs, they were right about that.... but it drops WAY off after that, and now their top 2 are out with injuries.... actually probably their top 3 considering EQ Brown is also out with injury.

The draft was fine. Sounds like you listen to the media a little too much. They didn’t draft for immediate need. They’d draft for the future and salary cap ramifications.

I have no idea if Jordan love will be any good. But I take zero stock from practice reports in his rookie year during the covid season. Rodgers wasn’t good either his rookie season. They don’t want to rush him, that’s why he’s the backup.

Aaron Jones isn’t getting re-signed. There’s a reason they drafted AJ Dillion in the 2nd round. Packers have little salary cap next season with Bahktiari needing an extension. Rodgers cap hit goes up by a ton next season. Running backs can be found late like jones who himself was a 5th rd pick. Can’t pay everyone. Lazard made about $850k this season. Should get a nice bump next year.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
As Viking fan this REALLY sucks as I have no reason to watch my team and now have no reason to watch a team with a cyclone. Bears or bust now I guess.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Because of covid. Once your placed on injured reserve I believe you only have to be out Atleast 3 weeks.
Yep, it's not season ending

Torks Pub

Dec 16, 2006
Ankeny
From Live Chat on Milwaukee SJ Website

Q: Give us an injury update. How is the core muscle situation progressing, and how are you feeling? Are you ready to go?

Lazard: I'm not ready to go, but I'm feeling great, though. I've been making a lot of progress, and slowly - day by day - getting there. The end to this is in the near future.

Q: There's a process that has to take place before you can just step on the field and simply play football again, correct? Certain boxes have to be checked in your recovery before you'll be given the green light to return?

Lazard: Yeah, absolutely. You've got to get checked up by the trainers and doctors. I just want to get my feet wet and just be able to go out there and play again just because I haven't really been practicing those skills - being able to run routes, receive the ball, getting hit and tackled. So I just want to ease into it, and I'm sure the coaches and trainers will do it the best way possible.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
The draft was fine. Sounds like you listen to the media a little too much. They didn’t draft for immediate need. They’d draft for the future and salary cap ramifications.

I have no idea if Jordan love will be any good. But I take zero stock from practice reports in his rookie year during the covid season. Rodgers wasn’t good either his rookie season. They don’t want to rush him, that’s why he’s the backup.

Aaron Jones isn’t getting re-signed. There’s a reason they drafted AJ Dillion in the 2nd round. Packers have little salary cap next season with Bahktiari needing an extension. Rodgers cap hit goes up by a ton next season. Running backs can be found late like jones who himself was a 5th rd pick. Can’t pay everyone. Lazard made about $850k this season. Should get a nice bump next year.

this is a terrible way to draft. Everyone knows you’re supposed to draft a qb every year and pray he will be your 15 year franchise qb savior. Just ask the bengals browns jags and jets. That’s how you win championships

Sigh I guess I need to clarify that was sarcasm

• Haha
Reactions: Snydes

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Honestly I think AL would be a big boost for the Packers with his blocking and a pretty reliable safety valve.