***Official 2024 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Thread***

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I avoid assessing bid-worthiness (or, to a lesser extent, seeding) based on tournament performance. But Virginia has played this way nearly all season.

Four wins over tournament teams (only 3 that received at-large).

Nov. 10 Florida (neutral) 7 seed
Nov. 29 Texas A&M 9 seed
Jan 24 NC State 11 seed First Four
Feb 3 at Clemson 6 seed (road)

Had a few “quality losses.”

Got a lot of mileage from that Clemson win.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don't ever want to hear the words "pre-conference strength of schedule" coming from the mouths of an ACC school ever again. (I get it, it was Clemson and not Virginia, but this was what Clemson were advocating for)

Clemson was out in front, but pretty much all the ACC mouthpieces were parroting it.

TheCampanile

Jan 23, 2010
Totally random question - don’t know where else to ask and don’t want to create a thread for it.

What is the “frosted tips” reference I heard Blum and CW talking about on their podcast this weekend?
A couple players busted out frosted tips in their hair for the notorious UAB game.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Totally random question - don’t know where else to ask and don’t want to create a thread for it.

What is the “frosted tips” reference I heard Blum and CW talking about on their podcast this weekend?

NCAA game vs UAB. Some of our players came out with newly frosted tips and proceeded to lose to a 14 seed.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Iowast8isgr8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 28, 2010
Nearly all of the tournament ahead, but at this point, based on Virginia's showing and how ridiculous the brackets are, especially the East, I think it is safe to say this is quite likely going to turn out to be the worst committee of all time in selecting the tourney teams/seeds.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Their non conference SOS was not great. And they got their ass best by anyone with a pulse.

Lost to Florida. Lost by 25 to Wisconsin. Lost by 23 to Memphis. Beat A&M.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
ACC is quite literally hanging onto UNC's coattails for dear life. Duke is alright but meh, everyone else is bad.

Reactions: ABECyguy

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
NCAA game vs UAB. Some of our players came out with newly frosted tips and proceeded to lose to a 14 seed.
That’s what I gathered but I still don’t get it. Do people think that’s somehow a sign they weren’t locked in or focused? That’s the part I don’t understand…