***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
so you’d rather be the Vikings than the Giants?

I don't really see much of a difference in my enjoyment of a season between losing in the first round or in the second round of the playoffs. And the Vikings regular season was a hell of a lot of fun. Between the crazy game against the Bills, to the game against Dallas on Thanksgiving, to the Indianapolis game, it was fun to see what crazy ways they won.

And now I can 100% cheer for the 49er's next weekend.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I don't really see much of a difference in my enjoyment of a season between losing in the first round or in the second round of the playoffs. And the Vikings regular season was a hell of a lot of fun. Between the crazy game against the Bills, to the game against Dallas on Thanksgiving, to the Indianapolis game, it was fun to see what crazy ways they won.

This is where I'm at fun regular season but we weren't winning anything past this game if we had pulled it out. Let's go 9ers

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I wonder about Jimmy G. He took a large salary cut so he’s reasonable. I think the 9ners may need to decide on Purdy or Trey if Purdy makes the big one. I could see Jimmy G being a better mentor than Ttey due to experience.
Jimmy G's not coming back to San Francisco to be a backup. He was on a one year deal, so he'll be a free agent this off season, unless the 49ers want to use the franchise tag on a guy who they have no intention of starting.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Jimmy G's not coming back to San Francisco to be a backup. He was on a one year deal, so he'll be a free agent this off season, unless the 49ers want to use the franchise tag on a guy who they have no intention of starting.
I was thinking he had 2 years. Where else would he go, Vegas?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I was thinking he had 2 years. Where else would he go, Vegas?
Vegas, Panthers, Saints, Jets, Commanders offhand. Teams who need a stopgap QB, but might not be in a position to take one of the highly rated guys in the draft.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Just Eagles and Pack. Actually had my first sports coat as an Eagles Starter jacket the year before I got my ISU one.

Typically I like players more than teams, but those are my two teams and up there almost at ISU level.
Im sorry but you can’t have two teams. You either are for a team or not. None of this well I like them or I like them. It’s BS. Vikings through and through, no backup team.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019

The Giants are not guaranteed to lose in the second round.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
That season was a hell of a lot more fun than it should have been. 31 of the 32 teams end the season as failures.

Start over everywhere you can defensively.

And being 31st in draft capital might be a blessing with how poor their draft was last year.
Absolutely cannot have another draft like that one.

Reactions: isutrevman

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Yes they do. Cut his ass loose! Trade for Trey Lance or a good spot in the draft.
LOL you think Trey Lance is going to take the 31st ranked defense and a middle of the league OL deep in the playoffs? The guy that led the best roster in the NFL to a loss to the Bears with a 35 QBR

Heres THE problem. They have a trash defense sucking up cap like they are very good. The only way to offset that some is drafting well on that side the ball. Cine and Booth were not contributing much before getting hurt.

You can win with a bad defense, if they are getting paid like a bad defense. You can’t win with a garbage defense sucking up that much cap.

Cousins is there next year. The team will probably be OK, but they aren’t going anywhere. Then who knows.

They aren’t winning a SB with Cousins. But unfortunately they probably wouldn’t win one with anyone with as poorly as the defensive personnel, draft and contracts have been managed the past couple of years.

Reactions: CycloneVet

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
LOL you think Trey Lance is going to take the 31st ranked defense and a middle of the league OL deep in the playoffs? The guy that led the best roster in the NFL to a loss to the Bears with a 35 QBR

Heres THE problem. They have a trash defense sucking up cap like they are very good. The only way to offset that some is drafting well on that side the ball. Cine and Booth were not contributing much before getting hurt.

You can win with a bad defense, if they are getting paid like a bad defense. You can’t win with a garbage defense sucking up that much cap.

Cousins is there next year. The team will probably be OK, but they aren’t going anywhere. Then who knows.

They aren’t winning a SB with Cousins. But unfortunately they probably wouldn’t win one with anyone with as poorly as the defensive personnel, draft and contracts have been managed the past couple of years.

No one really knows what Trey Lance can do. But we definitely know what Kirk cousins can and can’t do. And winning a game that’s meaningful and in the playoffs and having an actual run at the Super Bowl is never going to happen with Kirk cousins. The jury is still out on Trey Lance.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The Giants are not guaranteed to lose in the second round.

But the Vikings probably would have.

Look, you can disagree, but I had fun with the Vikings season, but any one with a brain that watched them knew they played with fire a lot of the time. And it was going to bite them at some point. So whether it was today or next week, I don't really give a ****.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
But the Vikings probably would have.

Look, you can disagree, but I had fun with the Vikings season, but any one with a brain that watched them knew they played with fire a lot of the time. And it was going to bite them at some point. So whether it was today or next week, I don't really give a ****.
Fair enough.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
No one really knows what Trey Lance can do. But we definitely know what Kirk cousins can and can’t do. And winning a game that’s meaningful and in the playoffs and having an actual run at the Super Bowl is never going to happen with Kirk cousins. The jury is still out on Trey Lance.
You could say the same about every backup that’s hardly played. 3 years ago Lance was on a dominant roster and tore up FCS. 2 years ago he was on a great roster played that one 2020 game and wasn’t all that good. Then he played on the NFL team whose roster is good that Me. Irrelevant is simply off to the greatest start for a QB in history. And a small sample size, but he hasn’t played very well.

So you’re right, we don’t KNOW, but he’s shown absolutely nothing meaningful that suggests he’s going to be even a serviceable NFL QB.

Cousins is what he is. My expectations are low next year. Not that I think they’ll go 4-13, but they are in cap he’ll with a horrible and old defense.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and dafarmer

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Lol. Ok. I mean, you can wish that's going to happen, but they're not going to cut him. It actually costs them more money to cut him than to keep him.

Maybe they could trade, but I'm not sure who is going to make that trade, considering the quarterback fee agent market, this off season. Carr is younger, and doesn't cost you any draft picks. Brady might be available. Jimmy G will likely be available too.

Cousins is, in all likelihood, going to be the starting QB in Minnesota, next year.
If Cousins get sent, you can wave goodbye to Jefferson too. There isn't a replacement readily available right now who's gonna throw for 4,000+ yards, 2,000 of which solely to JJ.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron