Offensive Coordinator- Ideas

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Golesh doesn’t like ISU, he’s at a much bigger school, and his future is bright. He ain’t coming back here for 5 million.

Strictly my own personal opinion because he might be a good dude and a great recruiter but my guess is Golesh is going to be a case study in the Peter Principle wherever his next stop may be.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBQR4CY

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Arbuckle has pretty limited experience. It looks like he has only been OC at WKU one year. Is WKU's offense a product of Arbuckle or their HC Helton? Look at Helton's resume.

Barbay has a nice background with collegiate coaching experience in Texas, Florida & Michigan. Sounds like good run/pass balance approach. Would be a nice option.
“Experience” is overrated. See Collin Klein.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Give Golesh 1.25 if he’s not getting a head job or promote Scheelhasse if you can’t get Golesh. I don’t see Campbell just hiring some guy.
Why in the world would he leave Tennessee to come here? Heupel is the architect of their offense anyways, not Golesh. He’s going to have a much easier job getting promoted staying where he’s at.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Golesh doesn’t like ISU, he’s at a much bigger school, and his future is bright. He ain’t coming back here for 5 million.
If he wouldn’t come back for 5 million he’s not smart enough to be our OC.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Eh. Campbell will keep things in-house as usual. Nothing too outside the box. Little disappointed Meyers hasn’t been let go yet. Offensive line needs the most work, in my opinion.
This isn’t rocket science. The new OC will put his own position coaches in place. Even if it’s kept in house, which it most likely won’t be, Meyers and Gordon are nowhere near safe

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Did you watch the Pac-12 championship last night? I'd characterize Utah as "power football" - they are just super physical everywhere and pound people into submission. "Power football" doesn't have to mean your playbook only has traps, ISOs, dive and power.
Yes - good points.

Teams like K State and Utah incorporate the zone-read option, misdirection plays, jet sweeps - stuff that keeps a defense guessing some. We did not do enough of that.

We also suck at deviating away from the "hot hand" theory. I remember the Baylor game this year, Stanley is torching their D and catches a couple deep balls. Then poof we just stop throwing deep. Oh well i'll stop baggin on the prior guy as he is gone.

BDAL23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2019
Yes - good points.

Teams like K State and Utah incorporate the zone-read option, misdirection plays, jet sweeps - stuff that keeps a defense guessing some. We did not do enough of that.

We also suck at deviating away from the "hot hand" theory. I remember the Baylor game this year, Stanley is torching their D and catches a couple deep balls. Then poof we just stop throwing deep. Oh well i'll stop baggin on the prior guy as he is gone.
Utah and K-State will also have the QB go under center.
I really feel like this needs to be added.
We need to be more multiple in our formations ie I form, shotgun spread, two back and pistol.

Reactions: Die4Cy

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
The two I've seen speculated on here is the Ohio OC and the Ohio State OL coach. I don't care where they come from, as long as they can succeed here.

Just looked up the Ohio State OL coach salary, and he is making 800k. Manning was making just under a million here I think, so the pay raise isn't that significant so I would assume the Ohio OC is the leading candidate.

Reactions: CyNews

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Almost sounds like we are going to have the exact same offensive philosophy but we are not going to call our OC Tom Manning.

• Winner
Reactions: huntt26

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
If we commit to running the football our philosophy is different because Manning never would unless he had the best running back in America who forced him to run it.

Reactions: CascadeClone

tyrelrobert

Oct 18, 2006
West Des Moines,IA
Yes - good points.

Agreed. Kansas did a lot of that too this year.

Reactions: cyclone1209