A very bad B1G West

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
They will finish last place in the division. I don't know if they win another game this year.
They have a “tough” schedule compared to usual, but their path is still shamelessly easy. Only certain loss is to tOSU. Their D will keep them in all other games. Illinois is their 2nd toughest. Northwestern will be a cake walk, unfortunately. Purdue has a pulse but I think will struggle. Wisconsin is pure trash on both sides of the ball. Minnesota is decent but their O will be non-existent against Iowa. Nebraska is Nebraska.

• Winner
Reactions: 83cy

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
They have a “tough” schedule compared to usual, but their path is still shamelessly easy. Only certain loss is to tOSU. Their D will keep them in all other games. Illinois is their 2nd toughest. Northwestern will be a cake walk, unfortunately. Purdue has a pulse but I think will struggle. Wisconsin is pure trash on both sides of the ball. Minnesota is decent but their O will be non-existent against Iowa. Nebraska is Nebraska.

Purdue will easily beat Iowa. They put up points on Iowa every year, get two offensive TD's and the game is over. Wisconsin is better than Iowa. Northwestern owns Iowa. No one is going to be a cakewalk for them when they can’t score more than 14 points offensively.

• Optimistic

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Purdue will easily beat Iowa. They put up points on Iowa every year, get two offensive TD's and the game is over. Wisconsin is better than Iowa. Northwestern owns Iowa. No one is going to be a cakewalk for them when they can’t score more than 14 points offensively.
Wisconsin and Northwestern of usual would beat Iowa but this year they’re both at their lowest of lows. I’ve watched most of the games by both and they suck on both sides of the ball.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I agree with the statement that none of those teams will be a cakewalk simply because they wont be able to score enough points to be secure in their victory but all three of those games are most likely victories for iowa. Right now northwestern and Wisconsin can't do anything right and Purdue has some glaring flaws. Purdue will most likely be the hardest game out of the three but I would still guess all there are iowa wins.

Reactions: Jer

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Wisconsin and Northwestern of usual would beat Iowa but this year they’re both at their lowest of lows. I’ve watched most of the games by both and they suck on both sides of the ball.

And yet offensively are still much much better than Iowa. Northwestern and Wisconsin both average close to 150 yards per game more than Iowa. You’re underestimating the gap between Iowas offense and a run of the mill below average offense. Illinois -3.5 is free money this weekend.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
With Chryst gone it’ll be interesting to see if the players rally behind leonhard.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
It’s hard to believe, but the Hawks probably have the hardest remaining schedule. If they lose to Illinois on the road, it will be tough to see any path for them to win the division.
The West is really, really soft this year. Other than IL, there probably isn't a team in the top 40. Sure Iowa has to play tOSU, but that will not keep them out of the conference championship. The other teams will lose enough games between them to get Iowa in the conference championship again.

• Winner

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
As bad as this Iowa team is on offense they could still win 9 games. They have 7 winnable conference games. Pretty much the same as every year.

• Agree
Reactions: Gunnerclone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Husker fans are basking in their glorious victories over the mighty Hoosiers and Scarlett Knights

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Flipping through and the Neb/Rutgers game is already on replay.

Surprised they didn't label is as 'Classic College Football'.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8