Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Cal board seems to get it.

View attachment 100399

If FOX is saying “no” to including UO and UW…I hope to hell Yormark is working Apple/Amazon/Google with the whole package. There should be no love lost with the PAC and FOX after they killed their conference…and this might be the last ship sailing for decent media returns if Big Tech really wants in.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
No way the conference would take Oregon St. over Miami, when you already have a team in Florida, it makes sense to take the Miami market just for recruiting. They bring a lot more to the conference that Oregon St ever will.
Yeah, there are some things that definitely need moved around there but his overall idea seems plausible.

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
That is the next logical step.
I used to think this as well but I’ve come around to the idea that the schools need to have some other schools that they can beat easily. Nobody wants to go 3-9. Hence, Vandy and NW are safe.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Cal board seems to get it.

View attachment 100399
If Fox is telling the B12 that Washington and Oregon off the table, what does that mean for the B12? Is Fox in the mix to bid for the league, then you have to listen to them as their second conference. Fox B10/B12 and ESPN SEC/ACC, then I could see letting those two schools going to the B10, but if they are not telling the league that we are their second league, then offer them an invite and see what they do. They will not accept, but they might.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I used to think this as well but I’ve come around to the idea that the schools need to have some other schools that they can beat easily. Nobody wants to go 3-9. Hence, Vandy and NW are safe.
That is what Texas and Nebby are for. They are the Rutgers and Vandy of the new league.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
If Fox is telling the B12 that Washington and Oregon off the table, what does that mean for the B12? Is Fox in the mix to bid for the league, then you have to listen to them as their second conference. Fox B10/B12 and ESPN SEC/ACC, then I could see letting those two schools going to the B10, but if they are not telling the league that we are their second league, then offer them an invite and see what they do. They will not accept, but they might.
My guess is its more of a mutual agreement between everyone that those 2 are not doing anything until the B1G and ND makes a decision.

I dont know if it is set in stone so much that they are off the table for good, but they are off the table until the final decision is made within the B1G if ND comes do they still take 1 or both, or if ND doesnt come do they take them.

Just take our 4 schools now and drive the final nail in the coffin of the Pac, and if either of those dont make it to the B1G then you bring them in.

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
And to think we all thought this Texas and Oklahoma crap last year was crazy. It’s about to get fun.
I am looking forward to some of these new road trips. I was never able to make a lot of them over the years and have just started to be in the position to be able to, so I am looking forward to catching some of these locations.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
The wavering of BIG with Oregon and UDub is kind of an interesting thing.

Wondering what kind of offer the BigXII might make to them.

I think I'd come at them with a full member pay-out offer beginning their first year. BUT also lock them into a huge buy-out clause (or whatever the legal term is) for 10-15 years so if they get wandering eyes later on there's a big reason not to jump soon.

Reactions: bozclone

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
So they think the Big XII will vote to merge with the PAC and exclude 3 of the 8 schools with voting rights.
If Oregon, Washington, USC, UCLA leave is there a Pac12?

Is there a Pac12 GOR's beyond June 2024? If not, then every school is on their own to negotiate where they play football in fall 2024.

I read something last week that USC & UCLA had refused to extent their GOR. The fact that Oregon, Washington and Stanford are all talking to Big10, seems like every school is a free agent.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The wavering of BIG with Oregon and UDub is kind of an interesting thing.

Wondering what kind of offer the BigXII might make to them.

I think I'd come at them with a full member pay-out offer beginning their first year. BUT also lock them into a huge buy-out clause (or whatever the legal term is) for 10-15 years so if they get wandering eyes later on there's a big reason not to jump soon.
Not sure why we'd do that. We can't match the BiG and they can't do better if the BiG passes.

Reactions: StLouisClone

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Is there a Pac12 GOR's beyond June 2024? If not, then every school is on their own to negotiate where they play football in fall 2024.

I read something last week that USC & UCLA had refused to extent their GOR. The fact that Oregon, Washington and Stanford are all talking to Big10, seems like every school is a free agent.
Read what I responded to.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

One could argue that if Cal, Oregon St and Wazzu, remain and they "Merge" with the MWC they might keep the Pac 12 name because it has more recognition/status than the MWC.

I believe the end of the GOR/Contract with the PAC 12 is July 31, 2024. Which is why USC/UCLA are joining the B1G, Aug 1, 2024.