***WBB: CYCLONE 2023 Recruiting Thread***

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
Seems like a Golden Age for the Roughriders, Mere, Piper, and now Arianna. I'm a proud alumnus.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Really looks like she could be special!!

Cyclone central Iowa peeps will have fun catching her HS games over the next few years. I think this might end up being a bit of an in-state recruiting coup (even though a legacy) with Iowa being such a tough competitor for the best Iowa gals.

Committing this early she might not end up with as a lofty rating from ESPN and Prospects Nation as later commits. I do believe early commits to the non-super elite schools seem to fall off the rating radar. Those schools fight it out for the junior/senior 5 stars and that's where a lot of the rankings seem (IMHO) to focus on.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
An update on Kelsey Joens.

According to the article, she's becoming an all-around player. It'd be nice to see her follow her sisters' steps after Ashley graduates.

Reactions: acoustimac

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
At the risk of stepping on someone's toes or posting this in the wrong thread:

EDIT: Crap, I give up. I did post it in the wrong thread. I guess I was thrown by her twitter handle that has a 23 at the end of it.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Seems like a Golden Age for the Roughriders, Mere, Piper, and now Arianna. I'm a proud alumnus.

They are loaded in the Junior and Sophmore class for girls. I would bet they win state next year. Basically all of them started at Kingdom hoops, then went to Attack and one transferred from Lincoln to play at Roosevelt. So it's basically a really good AAU team playing at a high school. Basically they went Dowling.