Chicago Suburb Visit

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
I have to go visit Chicago suburb (Oak Brook) next week. I cannot enter Chicago (cook county) unless you quarantine for two weeks because of Covid. Is there any place that's kid friendly that we can stay within an hour distance from Oak Brook? We are coming from KC.

Thanks for all of your help.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
What age kid? Are you looking for hotels? Rosemont would be close, not in Chicago, and has lots of things to do. Naperville and Schaumburg areas would be next on my list but are a little further away.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I have to go visit Chicago suburb (Oak Brook) next week. I cannot enter Chicago (cook county) unless you quarantine for two weeks because of Covid. Is there any place that's kid friendly that we can stay within an hour distance from Oak Brook? We are coming from KC.

Thanks for all of your help.
Oak Brook is in Dupage County. Do they have the same restrictions as Cook County?

I answered my own question in post #6 below. There are no travel restrictions for going to a suburban municipality. Only the City of Chicago proper has travel restrictions.

Last edited:

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Is Lake County subject to same quarantine? Have relatives in Buffalo Grove, not terribly exciting but seems like a whole lot of the same crap they have around Jordan Creek.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
What age kid? Are you looking for hotels? Rosemont would be close, not in Chicago, and has lots of things to do. Naperville and Schaumburg areas would be next on my list but are a little further away.

Schaumburg is in Cook County, but It’s not like there's a checkpoint at the 290/390 split, though.

OP can you be more specific about what you’re looking for?

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
This is what I am finding under FAQ:

"What if I am flying into a Chicago airport or riding a train to a Chicago station, but not staying in the city?

The Order does not apply to individuals changing planes at a Chicago airport, changing trains at a Chicago station, or traveling directly to a suburban municipality or otherwise out of the city limits." Bold added for emphasis.

In other words there are no restrictions on travel from out of state to Chicago suburbs. The travel restrictions, including quarantine, only apply if you are traveling to and staying in the City of Chicago proper. Oak Brook thus has no travel restrictions and therefore no quarantine is required for travel to that suburb.

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oldman

LancelotClone

Apr 18, 2018
There is no enforcement of the travel guidelines, and the Governor's own family has ignored them.

That being said, what are you looking for in a "kid friendly" hotel? Most of the hotels in that immediate area cater to business travelers.

• Agree
Reactions: CYEATHAWK

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
My old stomping ground of La Fox! :D

But more seriously, I would think Naperville would be a solid choice. There are a lot of restaurants there, parks, and stuff.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
They don't enforce it. I've been there through two complete shutdowns and there is no tracing or enforcement

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk