SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Career 3% --

Harris = 33.4%
JCL = 36.4%
Hinson = 33.3%

I would not exactly call that a trio of deadly snipers.

For comparison, Terrence Lewis last year was 32.5%.

Might be a few splashes, but that looks more like Clank City.

Throw in Bolton, Jackson, and Foster. We’ll have much better spacing this year and hopefully some better looks.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Career 3% --

Harris = 33.4%
JCL = 36.4%
Hinson = 33.3%

I would not exactly call that a trio of deadly snipers.

For comparison, Terrence Lewis last year was 32.5%.

Might be a few splashes, but that looks more like Clank City.
Clank city might be a little harsh. Not snipers but good enough to make the defense respect em. Maybe a better offense will result in better looks and a jump in percentage.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Throw in Bolton, Jackson, and Foster. We’ll have much better spacing this year and hopefully some better looks.

Clank city might be a little harsh. Not snipers but good enough to make the defense respect em. Maybe a better offense will result in better looks and a jump in percentage.

It probably is, but advertising three guys who are collectively a career ~34% from three as "Splash City" is probably the less realistic option of the two.

We shot 31.6% from three last year, in comparison, and we lost Tyrese, who was our best shooter. I buy that Bolton and Jackson can be ~40% guys (they were in the Big 12 last year) and Foster comes in with the Stretch 4 marketing, but we have not seen it against this level of basketball. It would be really nice, though.

Our "peak" shooting year (and I know this is not apples-to-apples with the three-point line moving around occasionally) was 2017 when we had these guys...

45.4% = D-Jackson
44.5% = Thomas
38.4% = Mitrou-Long
37.8% = Morris
37.5% = Burton

All five of those guys were better shooter than the three we just mentioned. That was Splash City. And even at that rate, they were #12 nationally.

Reactions: CyMeister

Darth Cy

Oct 24, 2006
Ankeny
45.4% = D-Jackson
44.5% = Thomas
38.4% = Mitrou-Long
37.8% = Morris
37.5% = Burton

While the shooting percentages above are good, none of these guys had to shoot at the new three point line that was put in place last year at 22 feet 1 and 3/4 inches compared to the 20 feet 9 inches those guys shot from. So comparing numbers from last year to those of years past need to be put in context.

Reactions: IASTATE07

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
We’ve had plenty of transfers show up and blow up due to change of system, spacing, pace of offense, freedom, and playing time.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
We’ve had plenty of transfers show up and blow up due to change of system, spacing, pace of offense, freedom, and playing time.

879212266.jpg.0.jpg

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I get real tired of the constant bashing of Beverly. Yes, he was not good here. Who cares? He seemed to be a good teammate and the coach seems to have learned his lesson and isn't reaching on transfers. Let it go.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I get real tired of the constant bashing of Beverly. Yes, he was not good here. Who cares? He seemed to be a good teammate and the coach seems to have learned his lesson and isn't reaching on transfers. Let it go.

I am not trying to bash Beverly.

I just find that picture hilarious. Jeff was an all-time funny faces on court guy.

He has become (somewhat unfairly, yes) emblematic of the problems of the one year he spent in Ames, but that season was far from only his fault.

Not sure he was a great teammate, though. I think a few posters on here said he almost quit the team once or twice in the middle of the season.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

he was not a good teammate. The story i heard was he tried to quit the team and actually packed up and made it to KC before coaches were able to convince him to return.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
he was not a good teammate. The story i heard was he tried to quit the team and actually packed up and made it to KC before coaches were able to convince him to return.

Interesting. I’d be curious to hear more about this.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Rank worst cyclones under prohm:

5. Beverly
4. Carter
3. Kasongo
2. Anderson
1. Leech