***The Da Vinci Code Mafia***

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I'm trying to determine when mafia would have started voting for oldman. I imagine at least one would have voted for him prior to the puzzle reveal.

22 oldman - Vikes (11:53), Andybernard (12:10), 2015 (1:23), Azhuth (4:17), CyArob (5:38), Cy$ (5:44), CTown (6:30), Cyfan13 (6:40), moores (6:41), cleaver (6:42), Michael (6:48), North (6:54), discy (6:57), clonies (6:57), PSY (7:13), KC (7:17), Fitzy (7:31), WDSM (7:32), SaraV (7:39), CYme (7:41), CoKane (7:59), JM4CY (8:12)
huth. I'd imagine quite a bit to be after 6:45 when it was obvious oldman was going home.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I wanted to confirm that Arob revealed it. That only leaves andy, 2015, azhuth and me. Maybe my theory is wrong.

The other thing to think about is how quickly mafia would have piled on following the reveal.
I had 5 votes so there was still a slight chance they could get me out early on in the push. Ctown and I were the first two to vote after arob's reveal. I'm inno and Ctown is pretty much confirmed inno.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
hard to go up after Tiger King and the MU town sweep. All downhill from here.

Now that I'm on lunch break, allow me to explain myself more and why your theory doesn't fit.

1. I have CF open in a tab all day at work. We started a new basketball webinar series yesterday that requires my undivided attention for 2-3 hours a day, on top of what I regularly do. That means I can't get on for more than a few minutes at a time and is why I didn't commit to doing your game (I didn't know how long I'd be able to be on).

2. Your theory that mafia got the same clue as Arob is completely unconfirmed, and it's a big leap to base your entire theory on that. Maybe they did (I have no idea), but as a connoisseur of tinfoil hat theories myself, that's a huge assumption, even in my book.

3. My vote on Ctown was simply me doing a "it's day one, who cares" retaliatory vote when Ctown made the comment that he didn't want to be grouped with me in anything, lol.

4. Let's play along and say that mafia DID get the same clue AND cracked it before it was cracked publicly. Arob posted the clue publicly BEFORE I voted for Ctown. It would be very naive of me if I was mafia to place an early vote on Ctown and assume no one would ever crack Arob's clue in the game thread. In fact, if the mafia did crack it early, I'd probably lobby to do the opposite of what I did - get in a vote on oldman before the public figured it out to look better once the inevitable happened.

TL;DR - Fitzy NOT mafia.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
"Clonies - I'd rather he play live but he played. I have other reasons to be suspicious of him though."

I think him publicly solving the write-up is a pretty heavy sign he's inno for me. I'm curious what else you are considering for him.

Separately, vote moores for some shaky answers, worst of which was his Ctown being "probably innocent, not really sure".

If he's probably innocent, what's to be unsure about?
mostly my anxiety and indecisiveness to be truthful. CTown had been active in the morning which I would normally think is an inno thing, but nothing was particularly helpful. So I wasn't really sure on my decision. I wasn't sure on any of my decisions, but only provided commentary on active posters that morning for the most part.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
i didn't like him trying to push for a different vote for oldman. I doubt he'd do that if he was scum but it looks sketchy.
It was pretty obvious Oldman was mafia so I thought maybe an overnight kill could be used on him so we could actually find out some stuff about other people. Instead we all just voted for Oldman and now we do not have a ton to go off of. That was my reasoning at least.

azhuth09

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 6, 2012
Des Moines, IA
I wanted to confirm that Arob revealed it. That only leaves andy, 2015, azhuth and me. Maybe my theory is wrong.

The other thing to think about is how quickly mafia would have piled on following the reveal.

Well I rescinded off of Cycash when he was in the lead and moved to oldman before the clue was solved. Not something mafia would do in my opinion.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
vikes is on the right track i think. what about people that voted for me when oldman and me were at the top?

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
I didn't pile on the oldman vote because I logged in late and the day had already ended early. That may or may not make me suspect.

lroorrnuna
eoisaocgild

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
It was pretty obvious Oldman was mafia so I thought maybe an overnight kill could be used on him so we could actually find out some stuff about other people. Instead we all just voted for Oldman and now we do not have a ton to go off of. That was my reasoning at least.
This is the approach I like to take, and I took last game. If you know who is mafia, just use a night hit on them rather than let mafia hide their votes on a huge run on someone.

Lynching an inno is a likely result of this, but it's a way to gather more voting information.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I dislike the feeling that even though we have some clues solved, we still don't really have all that much information or direction from them. Can't shake the feeling that there's somehow more that's being missed.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Indeed. Did anyone else get this clue?
If someone else got this clue then we can confirm Colorado's identity. Otherwise it could be that he just put Colorado is regular inno in an anagram maker. I would feel more comfortable knowing someone else had this clue too.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

Immediately is the correct answer

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I'm trying to determine when mafia would have started voting for oldman. I imagine at least one would have voted for him prior to the puzzle reveal.

22 oldman - Vikes (11:53), Andybernard (12:10), 2015 (1:23), Azhuth (4:17), CyArob (5:38), Cy$ (5:44), CTown (6:30), Cyfan13 (6:40), moores (6:41), cleaver (6:42), Michael (6:48), North (6:54), discy (6:57), clonies (6:57), PSY (7:13), KC (7:17), Fitzy (7:31), WDSM (7:32), SaraV (7:39), CYme (7:41), CoKane (7:59), JM4CY (8:12)
I'm usually WDSM's day one vote. Instead he was the 18th oldman vote. Worth a look.