Makale Foreman Grad Transfer

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Did a post-grad year and will be a Rs Senior, should be pretty polished hopefully.

Reactions: WhoISthis

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I mean, we seem like a no-brainer for him based on that list.

He was 11th out of 13 on his team for defensive rating...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm not thrilled about his defense, but he can shoot the crap out of the ball. Shot 38% last year and can shoot it from damn near anywhere when he crosses half court.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Looks like Foreman fits our style of shooting guard well; he could take a lot of pressure off Tre and Rasir.

Don't know if we would end up with a pure distributor on the floor or not, but that's a 3-man group of perimeter shooters that could see the floor at once, and let the freshman be freshman.

Gotta like our chances with California schools as the other two finalists (with their heightened chances for altered seasons ahead).

Last edited:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
He is from Tennessee (according to the Stony Brook website). I am not sure what the connection or allure of California might be, so there is that.

upload_2020-5-18_14-29-57.png

-- 2.4 PRPG! his junior year
-- for context, Horton-Tucker was a 2.3 as a freshman
-- one nice thing about Foreman was he generally kept that level of quality up against better opponents as a junior... notice he had similar numbers against Top 100 and Top 50 opponents in six and three games against them, respectively
-- career 36.9% from three, 36.7% as a junior, not elite but respectable
-- 10.2 to 15.7 per 100 A:T ratio... not great, not a PG, more of a SG...
-- 6'1" 190 according to Stony Brook, so basically Prentiss Nixon size
-- elite free throw shooter (at 85.7%)
-- does not offer much on the boards or with blocks and steals
-- high (and progressively higher) usage as a juinor

I would summarize him as a slightly better Prentiss Nixon from what I see above -- on the stats, not just on the size comparisons. Imagine Nixon but he makes 1-2 more shots per game and he clanks free throws much less. Not great, but useful, right?

He is a mid-major chucker, but a slightly more efficient one/better shooter than Nixon. I do not mean that as a pejorative. Nixon with slightly better shooting numbers and better shot selection would have been an okay player, which is about what I would expect here. If he offers more than what is on the page above in defensive presence or leadership for a mostly new team in the locker room, then that is just a bonus.

I have to think JCL is priority #1 for the staff, but using the third scholarship on somebody like this for one year would probably be a wise move. I would take him.

Last edited:

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Well he’s a body at least. Not sure how much he would actually see the floor but better than nothing.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Gotta n̶u̶k̶e̶ play somebody.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA

What the heck is PRPG! again? I never remember that one.

I know it can't be a paper role-playing game or a Les Paul guitar as Google leads me to believe...
AcceptableResponsibleBeetle-size_restricted.gif

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
He is from Tennessee (according to the Stony Brook website). I am not sure what the connection or allure of California might be, so there is that.

View attachment 72003

-- for context, Horton-Tucker was a 2.3 as a freshman
-- one night thing about Foreman was he generally kept that level of quality up against better opponents as a junior... notice he had similar numbers against Top 100 and Top 50 opponents in six and three games against them, respectively
-- career 36.9% from three, 36.7% as a junior, not elite but respectable
-- 10.2 to 15.7 per 100 A:T ratio... not great, not a PG, more of a SG...
-- 6'1" 190 according to Stony Brook, so basically Prentiss Nixon size
-- elite free throw shooter (at 85.7%)
-- does not offer much on the boards or with blocks and steals
-- high (and progressively higher) usage as a juinor

I would summarize him as a slightly better Prentiss Nixon from what I see above -- on the stats, not just on the size comparisons. Imagine Nixon but he makes 1-2 more shots per game and he clanks free throws much less. Not great, but useful, right?

He is a mid-major chucker, but a slightly more efficient one/better shooter than Nixon. I do not mean that as a pejorative. Nixon with slightly better shooting numbers and better shot selection would have been an okay player, which is about what I would expect here. If he offers more than what is on the page above in defensive presence or leadership for a mostly new team in the locker room, then that is just a bonus.

I have to think JCL is priority #1 for the staff, but using the third scholarship on somebody like this for one year would probably be a wise move. I would take him.

So was the 36.7% from the new 3 line pretty good.. Nixon's problem was when they moved the line back he could not deal with the new range well So I am thinking this kid is already a much more improved shooter than Nixon.

Last edited:
Reactions: HoustonClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron