*** Coronavirus Mafia ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
WAIT WAIT WAIT I figured it out....

Moores is mafia and knows I am technically mafia because I am the asymptomatic carrier. You see the rest of the mafia knows who the AC is but the AC doesn't know.

So in that case.... Everyone who votes for me will have a 25% chance of becoming mafia and since he's the only one left he needs to have this huge run on me so that a bunch of you guys get infected by me and join the mafia.

He's playing dumb here in this post and actually wants you all to get infected:

This is actually the plan...

They were going to try and infect whoever voted for me, the AC, to try and get the detectives killed eventually even if it sacrificed one of themselves and then they need a huge run on me to do a "bulk" infection once the doctors/detectives are gone.

Thanks to them getting super lucky because Colorado randomly voted for me and he happened to be a doctor and then Trump killed the other doctor they're setting that plan in place right now.

This is what needs to happen. We all vote moores out, he's a mafia member and then Trump needs to kill me in tomorrow since he can't kill two days in a row. Innocents win.

Boom.
Well laid out theory, but why would I try to just get everyone to vote for the AC so early. That person is practically impossible to find since they don't know they are mafia. The best plan for Mafia would be to lay as low as possible and wait it out. You would still have a 25% chance of gaining a single member everyday from the AC voting for someone else.
IF you show up inno, moores is probably toast tomorrow...
If he shows up AC inno I should be toast. Anybody else have any kind of theories behind their votes? If he showed up as AC I would have just given myself away, and the voting pool for who votes for AC is your mafia pool. This gives the game to innocents (us). Just make sure it isn't a runaway vote on 2015 today and you would be golden after killing me off if this theory is true.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Well laid out theory, but why would I try to just get everyone to vote for the AC so early. That person is practically impossible to find since they don't know they are mafia. The best plan for Mafia would be to lay as low as possible and wait it out. You would still have a 25% chance of gaining a single member everyday from the AC voting for someone else.

If he shows up AC inno I should be toast. Anybody else have any kind of theories behind their votes? If he showed up as AC I would have just given myself away, and the voting pool for who votes for AC is your mafia pool. This gives the game to innocents (us). Just make sure it isn't a runaway vote on 2015 today and you would be golden after killing me off if this theory is true.
But the pool would grow because the mafia can continue infecting

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Not sure where you got that from...
Mafia: Coronavirus. Starts as two people. They get one nightly kill and one person to infect EVERY OTHER NIGHT. They lose their ability to infect if both of the original members are killed or found by the scientists. If they are unsuccessful in infecting someone (Doc protection, hitting an immune, shut down, hand sanitizer), they will be able to infect the following night.
Also, the AC can only be contagious during a night with a mafia hit. If the 2 OG are gone then mafia can no longer hit at night.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
"If this person is killed (2), everyone they infected will become regular members of the mafia and be able to PM. If this person is investigated by either of the scientists (1), the spread will stop and they will become regular mafia members and be able to PM."

1) Moot point. Both scientists are dead
2) here, "this person" refers to the AC, not the OG mafia

Okay - I think I see where you're coming from, Moores. If the second OG mafia is dead, he/she can no longer "successfully infect" anyone. Since the AC requires a successful infection on the previous night for the 1 in 4 to take affect, further infections would be impossible.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Mafia: Coronavirus. Starts as two people. They get one nightly kill and one person to infect EVERY OTHER NIGHT. They lose their ability to infect if both of the original members are killed or found by the scientists. If they are unsuccessful in infecting someone (Doc protection, hitting an immune, shut down, hand sanitizer), they will be able to infect the following night.
Also, the AC can only be contagious during a night with a mafia hit. If the 2 OG are gone then mafia can no longer hit at night.
Yup. I had to think it through out loud. :D

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
If we're going off of day 2 theories, my theory is better than a slip of the tongue of using "the innocents" instead of "us" or "we".

Just saying

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Quick rules summary:

The asymptomatic carrier will only infect someone the day after a successful night infection by the mafia. I am ruling last night's infection unsuccessful so they asymptomatic carrier is not in play yet. If the mafia successfully infects someone tonight, then tomorrow, whoever votes for asymptomatic or is voted by asymptomatic. If the mafia has a successful infection tonight they will NOT be able to infect tomorrow night.
Could you please add this to the OP?
Took me a bit to find it.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
What's the order of operations on the killing the AC?

Since there was no successful infection last night, cyfan said AC is not in play.
If AC is killed tonight and there's also a successful infection, do all the votes for AC count toward the 1 in 4?
Or is the AC killed before it can infect?

I'm thinking in circles here haha

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
What's the order of operations on the killing the AC?

Since there was no successful infection last night, cyfan said AC is not in play.
If AC is killed tonight and there's also a successful infection, do all the votes for AC count toward the 1 in 4?
Or is the AC killed before it can infect?

I'm thinking in circles here haha
As long as it isn't a runaway tonight it shouldn't matter. Even if he would infect by being killed. I would be on the block tomorrow, and you would have your full list of everyone that is mafia based on who voted for him.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Rescind Hunsy, vote 2015

I give up. Calling a group by their name is a death kill when I was asking clarifying questions in an advanced rules game.

Everyone who asks questions about the rules is a mafia.

I hope I am the AC at this point for the chaos.

giphy.gif