KU vs KSU Brawl

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Look at everyone looking down. They are obviously all looking at someone on the ground. And that is in not stepping over someone. It's targeted.

Do you really expect a video of his foot in a guy's chest or something in the middle of that melee?
I agree that there is a KSU person on the ground. And I would assume that people would look at him. The rest is all assumption on each of our part. I see McCormack purposefully putting his feet in locations. My assumption is because he didn't want to step on anything while he was yelling at the KSU guy; your assumption is that he is stomping on someone. Neither assumption is definitive.

I am sure we'll hear from all parties over the next 24 hours and we won't have to assume much longer. If a KSU player was stomped on by a KU player that there will be a statement from KSU mentioning it. If they come out and say that it happened then your assumption is correct, if they don't then mine is.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
i just want to get this straight...

KState steals the ball, which is within the framework of the game, goes to make a layup and a KU player blocks the shot legally...albeit hard...so far, everything is ok, right?

THEN, a KU player stands over the KState player and taunts/intimidates him, which is NOT within the confines of a game and IS a foul as written in the rule book. This, and only this, leads to pushing and shoving.

THEN, a KU player reaches for a chair/stool and raises it over his head in what appears to be an attempt to brain another human being. Another appears to foot stomp another human being.

KU fans are justifying the behavior beyond my first point because KState continued to play basketball despite losing by double digits.

I've said this a few hundred times in my life, fewer on this site, but I'll say it again for those who haven't heard it...

**** KU and all of its fan base.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
"Thuggery". That's for sure surly. My wife shook her head last night and said.....and we get upset when they call us thugs. Exhibit A is this game.

Someone made an interesting point on Twitter last night of the perception between basketball fights and, say, baseball or hockey. I get this one is different because it spilled into the stands and involved someone going full on old western saloon fight. But if two baseball or hockey players throw haymakers at each other it's part of the game. Two basketball guys do it and it's a national travesty.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
New mural already painted at KU in tribute to the martyr De Sousa.

EO2lMPZWkAAQLMw
Isn't that Random in the foreground with the extended left-hand?
A bigger question is did the KU fans chant "Rok Chalk, Jay Hok" after the game?

• Funny
Reactions: CYdTracked

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I agree that there is a KSU person on the ground. And I would assume that people would look at him. The rest is all assumption on each of our part. I see McCormack purposefully putting his feet in locations. My assumption is because he didn't want to step on anything while he was yelling at the KSU guy; your assumption is that he is stomping on someone. Neither assumption is definitive.

I am sure we'll hear from all parties over the next 24 hours and we won't have to assume much longer. If a KSU player was stomped on by a KU player that there will be a statement from KSU mentioning it. If they come out and say that it happened then your assumption is correct, if they don't then mine is.

The bolded may be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this website and that is an incredibly, incredibly low bar.

So you concede all of the following:

A) There is likely a KSU player on the ground
B) It appears he is standing over someone while flexing and yelling
C) He appears to make stomping motions in the direction he is looking
D) This all takes place during a fight where he is attempting to punch members of the other team

But your position is that is his purposefully putting his feet around him in order to not step on him, because, you know, people often try to delicately step around their adversaries in the middle of a fight.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If something exists out there that shows otherwise, I would like to see it. By all means, please share it if you have it. Not sure how you could state that what I have or have not seen is a complete lie or not but you're worked up, I get it.

As I stated, I simply have not seen anything that explicitly shows McCormack stomping on some person on the ground. And I've seen more than a few different videos and angles of the incident now, although my twitter app isn't launching this morning. Maybe the fight broke twitter, I don't know.

Then watch the video. If you're not seeing it you're lying to yourself and this site. Period.

When David Montgomery got ejected vs. Baylor two seasons ago, he deserved it because he clearly took a swing at the BU player and had it was his responsibility.

See how easy that is?

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to

your school is becoming one of the scummiest universities in the big12. you people make me sick. ku and baylor.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Someone made an interesting point on Twitter last night of the perception between basketball fights and, say, baseball or hockey. I get this one is different because it spilled into the stands and involved someone going full on old western saloon fight. But if two baseball or hockey players throw haymakers at each other it's part of the game. Two basketball guys do it and it's a national travesty.

yeah, I think the distinction here is that spectators were involved. Had this happened at center court, I say let them have at it for a few and move on...but in one shot I saw a guy and his service dog trying to get out of the way...a woman is lying on the floor looking for help...these are big dudes and they're angry. Imagine a little kid getting hurt over this. Dumb.

• Agree
Reactions: yCy and CYdTracked

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Then watch the video. If you're not seeing it you're lying to yourself and this site. Period.

When David Montgomery got ejected vs. Baylor two seasons ago, he deserved it because he clearly took a swing at the BU player and had it was his responsibility.

See how easy that is?

and if memory serves me correctly, Campbell didn't blame tornadoes or anything else...he simply said "We can't argue with something that happened..." as if to say, there's no way to spin this because it happened. Big difference in character IMO.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

I get the comparison.......maybe, but in basketball you aren't getting checked into the glass every 15 seconds. And in basketball you don't have someone trying to clock you with a 95mph projectile. Hockey, like football by nature is a violent sport. Baseball.....not so much unless the weapons i.e. ball.bat are used. Basketball.....especially at the college level isn't "suppose" to be. But here we are, chairs and all.

Reactions: Doc

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
and if memory serves me correctly, Campbell didn't blame tornadoes or anything else...he simply said "We can't argue with something that happened..." as if to say, there's no way to spin this because it happened. Big difference in character IMO.

Sounds like Self was pretty good about it.

KU fans though...they're struggling with their squeaky clean image being tarnished.

ISUEmbassy

Jun 13, 2014
Which is a technical and a free throw. No problem.

Which means the problem actually started when the Kansas State team.emptied their bench and charged onto the court to initiate contact with players who were playing the game.

You can take a "I hate KU, they deserve it" approach all you want but that was when the incident went from "fouls committed on the floor by players playing in the game" to "a problem".

Flexing over top of someone at the end of a heated game is basically a challenge to a fight. KSU accepted, which was also stupid. By your logic, SDS should've not done anything when the KSU player shoved him - it wouldve been a tech and FT's for SDS...

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
DeSousa blocked a guy, stood over him and then the KState butthurts cleared their bench. IMO and I know it won't be popular Kstate is at fault. They were getting their asses kicked and then get all tough because a KU guy stuffs them and stand over them.

I am not condoning the actions of DeSousa or anyone else after the above mentioned.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Check from about :26-:30 on this clip. I don't know how you describe that other than a stomp.

Maybe one of the nearly trampled spectators will have footage from the ground where we can get a definitive look.

Should be multiple game suspensions coming for some players involved on both teams after watching that several times and De Sousa for KU probably should be suspended the rest of the season for throwing punches and picking up the chair like he was going to use it as a weapon. At the very minimum each player that left the bench should get at least 1 game like they would in the NBA does if a player leaves the bench during an altercation and considering that was probably just about every player on both teams you'd probably have to make 1/2 of them serve it 1 game and half the other just so they have enough to play a game.

The whole sequence that led to this fight was stupid. KU up big in the closing seconds, so what if KSU stole the ball, a lame layup at the buzzer wasn't going to change the outcome of the butt whupping KU put on them. Instead De Sousa had to be a punk and not only block the shot but then stand over the player and taunt him. Was totally uncalled for, the scoreboard should have been enough if the KU players wanted something to pound their chests about.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Sounds like Self was pretty good about it.

KU fans though...they're struggling with their squeaky clean image being tarnished.

I think Self is jumping on this situation to get rid of DeSouza once and for all.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
How soon after punishments are doled out can I expect Nick Graham to have his player injustice part 2 video up?