KU vs KSU Brawl

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Didn't DeSousa and Perry Ellis start playing college ball at the same time? He should be old enough to know better.

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
Let's not act like Self is doing the right thing for the right reasons here. He's got to act like he gives a **** and hope that the Big 12 doesn't suspend his guys. He is playing a game and it is annoying that even Iowa State fans are falling for it.
Agreed. Don’t fall for his BS. This is similar to their self-reporting defense every time their program goes off the rails.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You are such a dumbass.

Remember when you ******** throw a god damn fit when an Iowa State fan approached Bill Self?
So I had a problem with a fan trying to go on to the court after an opposing coach and now I have a problem with players on the bench going on to the court after an opposing player.

I don't see the problem. If anything, it shows consistency in my belief that people who are not in the game should not step out on to the court to confront people they have a problem with.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Both benches got ejected with 1 second left. The only players not ejected were the players still on the court at the beginnings of the brawl. Anyone come up with some good names for this fight yet?
"See, we dont only fight our football team."

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
And that’s where I’m coming from. To coach at a place like KU, some of that is pretty much a necessity to stay on top. I don’t see that as a huge knock. I just don’t see him as a hookers and blow type of guy. He seems to handle **** like this well. He seems honest and genuine when stuff like this happens. I don’t see him as a sleezeball.
His text messages to the Adidas rep weren’t sleazy I suppose?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
What tape I saw both teams have a couple guys with double digit suspensions. Sure DeSousa and McCormick are most visible, but if the KSU bench guys didn't rush the court it ends with DeSousa standing over #3 taunting.

DeSousa should be done.
McCormick should be gone 8-10 games.
KU #0 should be out 4-5 games.

KSU first guy off bench done for year.
KSU #4 should be gone 8-10 games
KSU guy not dressed throwing punches should be done for year. If he is hurt or redshirting- done for 20/21.

Hard to see who all threw punches/pushed opposing players but everyone who left bench should get 1-2 games. Suspend 2 players/game.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Maybe someone can find it, but I’m pretty sure last year KU stole the ball from KSU when the game was over anyways and @randomfan44 was probably praising it.
It was a few years ago when Brannen Greene did what Bill Self called "probably the biggest d--k move" he had ever seen and no, I was not supportive of what Greene did either.

Last year was when KSU's Brown returned the favor with a d--k move dunk at the end in response.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
What tape I saw both teams have a couple guys with double digit suspensions. Sure DeSousa and McCormick are most visible, but if the KSU bench guys didn't rush the court it ends with DeSousa standing over #3 taunting.

DeSousa should be done.
McCormick should be gone 8-10 games.
KU #0 should be out 4-5 games.

KSU first guy off bench done for year.
KSU #4 should be gone 8-10 games
KSU guy not dressed throwing punches should be done for year. If he is hurt or redshirting- done for 20/21.

Hard to see who all threw punches/pushed opposing players but everyone who left bench should get 1-2 games. Suspend 2 players/game.
That's absurd. They arent going to suspend both teams.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Weber is a dip **** too. I'm just saying that Self isn't saying ANY of this because he gives a **** about what his players did. The first step in ensuring that the suspensions are minimal is Self acting like he cares.
Self and KU are doing exactly what they need to do from a PR perspective here. It's not going to make a difference at all, but at least they are trying. Kansas State on the other hand doesn't seem to know what the hell to do...

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Really? Isn’t it ironic that the player at the heart of this just happens to be the player at the heart of the FBI investigation?
There is no FBI investigation. There is an NCAA investigation. And I fail to see any irony in it.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
That is how it looked to me as well but if he still ended up getting a full season suspension for even brandishing it then I would understand and not argue it. You just cannot do that no matter what happened prior.

Yeah, but lots of 21 year olds do stupid **** and get some lenience.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
New mural already painted at KU in tribute to the martyr De Sousa.

EO2lMPZWkAAQLMw