Battle 4 Atlantis 2019

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Trying to decide where and how I'm going to watch after work Wednesday. This is what it says about the ESPN app replays: "Replays will be accessible as early as immediately after the conclusion of the event and no later than 2:30 a.m. ET that evening."

Anybody know what the usual is for posting these? Likelihood it will be posted by 4:00?
I've never had a game that wasn't immediately available personally

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I build a Monte Carlo simulation of the Battle 4 Atlantic tournament's outcomes using the Bart Torvik projections of the individual match-ups. Here are some interesting outcomes of the 20,000 simulations overall and for Iowa State specifically...

CHANCE TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

View attachment 68751

DISTRIBUTION OF IOWA STATE'S OVERALL FINISH

View attachment 68752

DISTRIBUTION OF IOWA STATE'S OPPONENTS

View attachment 68753

100% chance of playing Michigan
100% chance of either Alabama or North Carolina
100% chance (cumulatively) of one of the other four participants
31% chance of a rematch with SMU, 24% chance of a rematch with Seton Hall
55% chance of having a repeat non-con opponent this season

Any other questions? Just ask. Thanks!
DirectUnlawfulDeviltasmanian-size_restricted.gif

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN TO ATLANTIS BEFORE, AND STAYED AT THE RESORT!!!

Do we need adapters for the electrical outlets, or do they have US-style outlets there?

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Arrived here yesterday. Cab for 4 people with luggage to the airport cost us $57, FYI. Not sure if there are cheaper options but we didn't set up anything ahead of time. Went scuba diving today and saw several sharks and many beautiful tropical fish. Have a boat rental for tomorrow to cruise around for the day. This place is beautiful! Seeing a good ammount of UNC and Michigan fans so far, but ISU is the next most represented behind them. I'm confident we'll end up having a good crowd at the games, Go Cyclones!

EnkAMania

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 31, 2013
Seattle
Arrived here yesterday. Cab for 4 people with luggage to the airport cost us $57, FYI. Not sure if there are cheaper options but we didn't set up anything ahead of time. Went scuba diving today and saw several sharks and many beautiful tropical fish. Have a boat rental for tomorrow to cruise around for the day. This place is beautiful! Seeing a good ammount of UNC and Michigan fans so far, but ISU is the next most represented behind them. I'm confident we'll end up having a good crowd at the games, Go Cyclones!
Taking the red eye tonight, will be there tomorrow afternoon.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
If any of you venture off of Paradise Island and go towards Downtown Nassau, Lukka Kairi has some good Conch Fritters. Shenanigans Irish Pub is in alley way above a store and my wife and I turned them into Cyclone fans during the Big 12 Tournament this past March. Pirate Republic Brewing company has some pretty good beers. You can also walk around on the street with open beers.

Just be weary of people trying to sell you stuff, offering you drugs, and don’t go to the Straw Market.

• Informative
Reactions: coolmooinlou

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I was surprised to see on ESPN.com that they give us a 66% chance of winning. Michigan isn't supposed to be that great I assume?

• Optimistic
Reactions: CyPunch

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
If any of you venture off of Paradise Island and go towards Downtown Nassau, Lukka Kairi has some good Conch Fritters. Shenanigans Irish Pub is in alley way above a store and my wife and I turned them into Cyclone fans during the Big 12 Tournament this past March. Pirate Republic Brewing company has some pretty good beers. You can also walk around on the street with open beers.

Just be weary of people trying to sell you stuff, offering you drugs, and don’t go to the Straw Market.
Funny...along with Paradise Bay, that's the only thing I remember from my one & only trip to Nassau. Of course, that was in 1968. :D

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I was surprised to see on ESPN.com that they give us a 66% chance of winning. Michigan isn't supposed to be that great I assume?

Michigan has a trio of high level and experienced starters in Zavier Simpson, Isaiah Livers, and Jon Teske. Their bench doesn't offer much but those three are enough to make them a good team this year. Michigan will be favored by a few points tomorrow.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Michigan has a trio of high level and experienced starters in Zavier Simpson, Isaiah Livers, and Jon Teske. Their bench doesn't offer much but those three are enough to make them a good team this year. Michigan will be favored by a few points tomorrow.

Should be a good test for the big guys. Not sure Solo will be able to score over Teske in the post. Livers is will be tough to handle as well.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Should be a good test for the big guys. Not sure Solo will be able to score over Teske in the post. Livers is will be tough to handle as well.
Agree, particularly on defense. Defending Livers and ball screens is the key imo.

In the past we’d probably go small to defend Livers, while seeing if Teske could cover Jacobson.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Rankings so far...

ESPN BPI = #17
Bart Torvik = #52
Ken Pom = #42
Sagarin = #44
Net Rating = #76
SRS = #73

It is early in the season so much is still working itself out, but ESPN BPI is kind of an outlier in our favor right now. I think this game is more of a toss-up if not a slight Michigan lean by 1-3 points. That is where BT and KenPom have it.

• Informative
Reactions: RonBurgundy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron