STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I'm fully expecting him to go to Iowa.

I really think Mad Fran visited him a few days ago to tell him that he wouldn't be welcome at their game on Friday night if he wasn't going to Iowa..... and then XF told him he was going to Iowa.
This may be the dumbest post I've ever read here.

• Agree
Reactions: Shawker and 83cy

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This may be the dumbest post I've ever read here.

I don't think Fran wanted XF to show him up by attending their last game on Friday and then shoving it in their face on Monday morning.... so he wasn't going to let him show him up. Just an idea. Fran's a hot head and wouldn't take too kindly to that kind of behavior..... so maybe he forced XF hand to either s**t or get off the pot??

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Well that bites.
Well that bites.
Well that bites.
Heard from a well connected hok fan Prohm and Mad have been informed he'll be at Iowa.

If Foster is down to two choices and the decision is to be made very soon within just a couple days, I have to think he has made up his mind. With that said, I do not understand why he is attending an Iowa game last night if he plans to go to ISU. That is like going to each of your two girlfriend's parties, paying one of them undivided attention and then telling her you are going with the other girlfriend. Doesn't make sense.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Can someone explain why iowa cleans house on instate BB recruits when its obvious ISU has had the better BB program for most of the last 20 years?

Family ties and old memories. Hayden and Lute had some good teams. Dumbest thing Iowa ever did was run Lute off. 2nd was chasing off Dr. Tom both were good for ISU but dumb for their program. I'm sort of surprised how much input families have on their kids selecting a college, my folks were like pick somewhere and go for it.

• Agree
Reactions: dinger and 83cy

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I’m always fascinated by these well connected people.

If this is the case, I’m guessing he got the guarantee Woodbury did, where he will start every game. And the ability to play as he wishes.
FWIW, this is somebody who thought he was ours for the last 6 months.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Maybe XF knows that us Clone fans are used to getting kicked in the nuts and he wanted to do that too?

Actually, at this point, I don't really care all that much. He's a decent 3 star recruit that is over hyped because he's 7 foot, so he's listed as a 4 star.

Would still be a nice get, but definitely not the end of the world.

• Dislike
Reactions: ISUCY23

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Maybe XF knows that us Clone fans are used to getting kicked in the nuts and he wanted to do that too?

Actually, at this point, I don't really care all that much. He's a decent 3 star recruit that is over hyped because he's 7 foot, so he's listed as a 4 star.

Would still be a nice get, but definitely not the end of the world.

He gets evaluated just like anyone else. That’s why he’s a 4 star and you’re neither a recruiting analyst or a basketball coach.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

I’m not saying anything about what you posted. I’m just always fascinated that people that run, or are directly associated with, multi multi million dollar programs are willing to talk to even the biggest boosters

• Friendly
Reactions: Acylum

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Somebody had a stroke.
268x0w.jpg

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Can someone explain why iowa cleans house on instate BB recruits when its obvious ISU has had the better BB program for most of the last 20 years?
I get this thinking, but it's a good thing for ISU, particularly in football that guys don't just automatically choose the place with the better program.
If he goes to UI, so be it. Would love to have him at ISU, but it isn't the end of the world if he goes to Iowa.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I get this thinking, but it's a good thing for ISU, particularly in football that guys don't just automatically choose the place with the better program.
If he goes to UI, so be it. Would love to have him at ISU, but it isn't the end of the world if he goes to Iowa.
Plus the fact it probably buys Fran more time is a pretty good consolation prize for us.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
He's a good player but we'll be just fine if he doesn't pick us. Best of luck to him, and if he picks the Hawks I look forward to endlessly mocking him along with the rest of the goobers in that program.

• Agree
Reactions: jcisuclones

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron