Aug 23, 2012
America
Hell freaking yes

EFXD3gOX4AAt7Yy

Reactions: mj4cy and Beernuts

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Noon game today after winning the division last night. Is everybody looking forward to seeing Ian Miller, Ryan LaMarre, and Ronald Torreyes in the lineup today?

• Funny
Reactions: SCyclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Does anyone know if they said when Max will be back? We absolutely need that guy at full strength for New York

• Agree
Reactions: moores2

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Does anyone know if they said when Max will be back? We absolutely need that guy at full strength for New York
I did some research and tried to answer my own question, sounds like they are really optimistic that he will be back at some point to get some AB's in KC. He's worked out and done some BP recently with no issues. He still has a week to get completely up to speed but I think some action in KC would go a long ways instead of being thrown right into the fire in the Bronx.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

He may get a few at-bats in KC, but should absolutely be back for the post-season. Sure wish we had the Rosario-Buxton-Kepler outfield, but whatever.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
The Yankees...Why did it have to be the Yankees? If I was better at the internet I would insert that into this picture. Yes, I realize it could be the Astros but let’s be real, it’s going to be the Yankees.

View attachment 67096

Give me the Yankees all day. I'll pass on facing Verlander and Cole. Astros are the better team, better home team, and are the hotter team right now.

Twins road record and run diff. is very similar to the Yanks at home. Should be a good matchup.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Give me the Yankees all day. I'll pass on facing Verlander and Cole. Astros are the better team, better home team, and are the hotter team right now.

Twins road record and run diff. is very similar to the Yanks at home. Should be a good matchup.

I'm torn. I'd love nothing more than to knock the Yankees out and get that monkey off our backs, but I wouldn't be upset seeing someone else possibly take them out before we face them either.

The Twins road record is pretty unbelievable. They have 7 more road wins than Detroit has total wins.:eek:

One troubling stat for me going into either match-up:

Records versus teams that are > .500

Yankees : 43-32 .573
Astros : 35-28 .555
Twins : 32-37 .463

I realize playing in the Central limits our opportunities for familiarity with good teams, but they have better records against better teams for a reason.

Oh well, stats don't play games. Throw 'em all out and beat whoever we face.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm torn. I'd love nothing more than to knock the Yankees out and get that monkey off our backs, but I wouldn't be upset seeing someone else possibly take them out before we face them either.

The Twins road record is pretty unbelievable. They have 7 more road wins than Detroit has total wins.:eek:

One troubling stat for me going into either match-up:

Records versus teams that are > .500

Yankees : 43-32 .573
Astros : 35-28 .555
Twins : 32-37 .463

I realize playing in the Central limits our opportunities for familiarity with good teams, but they have better records against better teams for a reason.

Oh well, stats don't play games. Throw 'em all out and beat whoever we face.

Honestly just have to jump on them game 1 and see where the cards fall. I'd sign up right now for a split in NY.

Help Support Us

Become a patron