Ball Soup Weather Thread

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Pray for the USPS workers who have no AC in their trucks.

Opened my front door to get the mail Monday and my mail carrier leaned forward and fanned some of the cool air her way. Heat index was 102. Standard for Houston or Louisiana but this is Minnesota.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Who decided this would be a good weekend to move?

AdventurousOfficialArgentinehornedfrog-size_restricted.gif

My peeps coming to help are gonna love me.
Thanks, @MeowingCows

• Friendly
Reactions: MeowingCows

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Had to look it up. That looks amazing I may have to stop there for lunch next weekend on my way to McCool Junction.

We just drove through McCool Junction on July 4 on our way to the homeland in North Dakota. It was crazy...the moths/butterflies were thick along that area of US 81. I've not seen anything like that before, but I guess this is not surprising given how lush the ditches are with grass and sweet clover. We stayed in York, NE overnight, and before we took off the next day, we had to go to the car wash and clean out the radiator (in addition to the headlights which were plastered full), as it was stuffed full of moths. I opened the hood; the engine compartment is pretty well sealed up, but there were dead moths in there as well.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
We just drove through McCool Junction on July 4 on our way to the homeland in North Dakota. It was crazy...the moths/butterflies were thick along that area of US 81. I've not seen anything like that before, but I guess this is not surprising given how lush the ditches are with grass and sweet clover. We stayed in York, NE overnight, and before we took off the next day, we had to go to the car wash and clean out the radiator (in addition to the headlights which were plastered full), as it was stuffed full of moths. I opened the hood; the engine compartment is pretty well sealed up, but there were dead moths in there as well.

Agree. I think it's a Nebraska thing because I've raced in McCool Junction, Norfolk, Albion, Greenwood and Columbus, NE this summer and every time I get home the front of the hauler is covered with tons of bugs.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I've got a great idea! Let's ride our bikes across the state and sleep in tents every night! It will be epic!

Yeah never understood why they picked the hottest time of the year to have RAGBRAI. October would be so much better.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yeah never understood why they picked the hottest time of the year to have RAGBRAI. October would be so much better.
Miss two football weekends, battling county roads with combines, all sorts of dust in the air, schools/colleges in session?
No thanks.

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
I'd bet if you look at the historical records, the third week in July has to be one of the 4 hottest weeks of the year every year.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I play much better when it's hot. Couldn't tell you why........

Me too. I think it's two factors - first, fewer golfers around so the pace of play is faster. I usually do OK if I'm playing at a steady pace and not waiting at every tee.

The other thing I think it might be is that in all that heat and humidity my body tends to loosen up a bit and I swing better.

Reactions: Doc

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Opened my front door to get the mail Monday and my mail carrier leaned forward and fanned some of the cool air her way. Heat index was 102. Standard for Houston or Louisiana but this is Minnesota.
I’m still in disbelief the post office hasn’t provided their employees with better delivery trucks. Or at least put AC and heat in them. Those things stopped getting built in 1994 I read.

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines

The time of year when there is not as much farming activity (avoids planting/harvest). The routes are very rural and would be a disaster that time of year.