Leath Out at Auburn

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
giphy.gif
"He might be alright"... ( as plane crashes)
....(plane blows up)..."probably not now."

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think his wife rubbed people the wrong way more than he did. That sounded sexual but not what was intended.
I’ve mentioned many times on here that I was on a commercial flight with them in Dallas. Not too often do you see someone wear a full length fur coat in coach.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Does kinda sound football related. Sounds like he didn’t want to pass some multi million dollar football only facility down there that got a lot of people upset. Also fans aren’t happy that he pushed to get Gus Malzhans contract extended. I’m surprised how hated Malzhan is down there.
I think he supported the football facility.
More likely the fact that he wanted Bruce Pearl out, and then he takes them to the Final Four.

• Informative
Reactions: awd4cy

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
My assumption is they were flying on tax payers money so 1st class is probably not allowed.
Iowa State must have different rules than Auburn because he and his wife definitely flew first class coming back from the Maui Invite. Just going to venture a guess they didn't personally pay for the flights.

Also a possibility the previously discussed flight was booked last minute and therefore 1st class wasn't an option.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Really? $500k household income is great but I’d guess a lot of people with that type of income still fly coach.
I sure AF wouldn't. If I made that much money I would be better than the cattle in coach.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Iowa State must have different rules than Auburn because he and his wife definitely flew first class coming back from the Maui Invite. Just going to venture a guess they didn't personally pay for the flights.

Also a possibility the previously discussed flight was booked last minute and therefore 1st class wasn't an option.

Tier status upgrades are a thing.

I buy coach tickets but end up in first class probably 90% of the time nowadays.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I’ve mentioned many times on here that I was on a commercial flight with them in Dallas. Not too often do you see someone wear a full length fur coat in coach.

So he was a cross between Broadway Joe Namath and Bruce Wayne.

He wasn't the president we wanted, but the president we deserved.

Flying in steerage while wearing full length fur? I wanna party with you, cowboy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So he was a cross between Broadway Joe Namath and Bruce Wayne.

He wasn't the president we wanted, but the president we deserved.

Flying in steerage while wearing full length fur? I wanna party with you, cowboy
As funny as that is, it was the Mrs.
Flight also had TCU womens bball team on it.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Good things happen to good people. The converse of this holds true as well... finally.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Really? $500k household income is great but I’d guess a lot of people with that type of income still fly coach.
I flew next to Kim Reynolds & her staff on a Southwest flight from DSM to STL last year. Security kept a close on eye on people as they walked by.