Memphis Coach Justin Fuente

MissionIndy

Apr 30, 2014
If we do make a coaching change after this season. Fuente is my choice. The guy is a rising star in the coaching profession. Former OC at TCU and former player at OU. Only 39 years old.

Last edited:

Redman97

Jul 31, 2011
Iowa City
Looks a little like Greg McD.
attachment.php

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 1,840

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I know Memphis has the best end zone painter in the country. That is one cool paint job.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Memphis' offense really isn't that much different than ours, they just know how to run it properly.

It really makes me doubt if Mangino has any idea how to call a game. There's nothing difficult about what Memphis is doing, but the playcalling is excellent and not predictable like ours.

Oh, and they have a winner playing QB too. He's not scared at all, like ours is. He plays with extreme confidence and the will to win.... not just trying his hardest not to make any mistakes.

I would take this Fuente as our HC tomorrow. Not sure our defense would be any better, but watching our offense would sure be fun.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Don't want. Everyone knows for a lesser school to compete they need to run a pro style offense. Must be a fluke.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Memphis is a better job.
Thought he would be a good option for awhile now but think we missed our chance. While I disagree Memphis is a better job I think it makes sense to stay there another year or so make 1.4 million and wait for better job. Then again with good season this year that might happen this off season.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
It helps when you have a QB in Paxton that has NFL arm strength and receivers that are fearless in attacking the ball. Memphis is not a better job when compared to Iowa State, however I think Fuentes will get a shot at an SEC job in the next couple years. Perhaps South Carolina when Spurrier retires.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
2 time national coach of the year? Offensive coordinator for a national championship team?

Don't argue with them, they hated Herrman, they forget that Jim Walden once looked like a major splash hire like this guy. We have a guy who has actually taken a worse program than ours to a bcs bowl. Mangino is a hell of a coach and anyone who says otherwise is a fool.