New profile posts

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher
We are heading that way in October. Would love some recommendations for some breweries to visit. (Mosltly anything new within the last couple of years) We frequent Fort Collins often, we do NBB and try to find a few new places. We lean towards sours and one-offs, barrel aged, and non-IPAs usually. Not that we don't appreciate good IPAs, its just they are easy to find.

We are set on accomendations. Thanks.
isukendall
isukendall
Another great place for barrel aged stuff is Jessup Farm. Great taphouse (an old barn). Crooked Stave is another one, which is downtown. If you like Saison, Funkwerks is the bomb.

Best tap houses are The Forge and Tap N Handle, both in Old Town area. Some people like the Mayor but I think their beer selection isn't as good and the place is tinny loud.
isukendall
isukendall
I get that you're from out of town, but if you've already been to NBB, there's a ton of great places to check out with better beer. ODell has the best patio in town and most consistent quality for a large brewery IMO.

A good midtown brewery is Maxline, great owners. I live next to Intersect, they have some beers you don't find at other places like goses, raspberry berlinnerweiss, black rye IPA, etc.
isukendall
isukendall
Welcome to Cyclone Nation. Hope to play football this year along with playing your team.
R
RaginCajun
Thanks man! I really hope we can make this matchup happen. The list of available teams is dwindling. What have you heard exactly?
In regard to the recent Patterson thread: you, unfortunately, are being attacked too much. This, sadly is happening more & more even amongst CyFans who should be more-or-less unified on some level. I found this out when I posted in a MIKE GUNDY thread that he had a right to his opinions (about Covid). Wow, many on CF who I thought were decent & fair had little desire to consider "another view".
surly
surly
The cancel culture mentality around America is frightful. Thanks for your kind comments.
kentkel
kentkel
I agree - and I pledge to do better whenever I post so that I am not part of that "cancel" mentality. Best wishes to you. Stay safe & healthy!!
Reactions: surly
There seems to be a push for ONE way to view Social Justice, Co-Vid 19, or almost any issue. Since March, I spend a fraction of the time that I used to on CF. That said, keep posting - I do like reading your thoughts. BTW, I had a Niece and Nephew just graduate in the past year from KSU, so I have eased up QUITE A BIT in my dislike for the Wildcats - I can say now that they are "tolerable" - ha ha. ; )
Please do me a favor and control people on your site directly calling people names. I dont care if people dont see miley to eye on things but there is absolutely no need to call someone a moron..
bawbie
bawbie
Please use the report function to report posts that you believe violate the site rules
Kenmarke resort out of baudette is great. We go and stay there every year for a week. You hit the fish right and you can catch a lot.
CyCloned
CyCloned
We usually drive to Red Lake and then fly to Upper Goose Lake. The fishing is amazing. Still think I will go somewhere in MN for a few days. Red Lake MN looks interesting.
Statistics are the very foundation of whether football is played or not this season. While I agree 'partisanship' was emerging, and thus do not disagree about the thread being relegated to "The Cave", the ability to question the validity of Covid statistics is paramount to the very heart of sports.
Hey thanks for the heads up on Mortenson. I'm curious because I just went to their website and did see several jobs but I'm still kind of clueless as to what kind of company they are? Do you happen to have anymore knowledge of them? A lot of the job descriptions are kind of vague.
Hey Chris. Quick account question. Initially I was a Tier 1 forum member, with automatic payments to Matt Lazear through my credit card (Discover). After upgrading to the Tier 2 recently (payment via Paypal) I'm still paying both the $5 tier 1 fee and the $12 tier 2 fee. If I try to cancel the tier one subscription, it takes me to Paypal and will only let me cancel the Tier 2.
I think I've asked you this before, but I'm getting senile....how do I post pics from my phone on a post here? I'd like to show off some of our nice blooms.
ImJustKCClone
ImJustKCClone
I usually put them on FB as a "me only" post, then Copy/paste from there. It's hit & miss, though...sometimes I have to save them to my desktop.
If I were you I would ask someone who posts pics who does all of their CF'ing on their phones. I'm useless in that respect! :D
So are you saying 78 positive cases or 78 deaths from 30,000 in attendance? I don't want to derail the actual thread. Just wanting clarification on what you are saying.

Thanks,
TruClone
C
Clonehomer
78 deaths assuming the 0.28% number they posted held true and everyone were exposed (which is the extreme example).
TruClone
TruClone
That would definitely be very extreme. The population of Iowa is 3.155 million, so if you used that same figure the death total would be 8,203. We are nowhere near that kind of number. As of yesterday the death total was 461, so if we applied the number of deaths to the population the number for 30,000 would be 4.38 deaths.
Thanks for the meat thermometer link and recommendation! I needed to buy a new one after forgetting mine out in rain.
CloneGuy8
CloneGuy8
No problem! I really like the one I linked.