Zeb Noland signs with ISU

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
All I get from this thread is it some people watch a lot of Iowa football for some reason.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
In the quotes I've read from him, he's completely fine and expecting to RS this year. HS Completion rate, we are picking fly poo out of pepper at this point. He is going to be in the program for at least one year learning and, hopefully, won't be a starter in our program until Lanning graduates. And really I say Lanning because he's our most experienced QB and I think right now he's our guy whom we need to succeed for the team to succeed. Maybe in 2016 that's a JUCO yet to be named, doesn't matter.

The point is that worrying about this one stat line seems ridiculous, even more than how many stars the kid has on a recruiting site. What our QB position has sorely missed in the past few seasons has been a gunslinger attitude; someone who makes the right decisions with the ball and makes the throws when needed. I think the kid has the talent needed, but more importantly sounds like he has what is needed above the shoulders to be a P5 quarterback.

Whether any of that comes to fruition has a lot to do with what happens over the next 1-2 years. It's great, however that he is effectively a mid-year transfer and will have an extra session of spring ball compared to the average HS recruit. Glad to have Zeb aboard!
If you go back and reread my post I said that the accuracy may have been what scared away the bluebloods. At that point people were talking about a lack of P5 offers. I'm not sure how that qualifies as worrying about it.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Good thing our HC and OC both excell with the OL, they've brought in Jucos there, and we have some good returners there. I'm not too worried about a freshman who will RS not being mobile enough. That's overblown and a stupid argument. Besides, they are still looking at Juco QB's anyways.