Zeb Noland is the #2 QB

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
"He's really not that great of a quarterback," Campbell told media last night. "I just think he has a cool name."*

*Not true

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I have to reiterate this every year: don't read too much into it. At this point, they are mostly just rewarding the hardest workers and punishing the talented slackers all the way up until opening day. You don't truly know who the first stringers are until AFTER the first game.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I have to reiterate this every year: don't read too much into it. At this point, they are mostly just rewarding the hardest workers and punishing the talented slackers all the way up until opening day. You don't truly know who the first stringers are until AFTER the first game.

Probably true, but I'll still take it as a good sign that he's a worker.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
It would be ideal is Lanning was #1, Park as #2, and Noland as the number three. Try and redshirt Noland so when Lanning graduates, in two years, We can insert Noland as the starter his sophomore year and keep him for hopefully 3 years.

However, if he can contribute as the number 2 quarterback, then play him. I'd just hate it if he only played a couple snaps in the season and wastes a year of eligibility.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
It would be ideal is Lanning was #1, Park as #2, and Noland as the number three. Try and redshirt Noland so when Lanning graduates, in two years, We can insert Noland as the starter his sophomore year and keep him for hopefully 3 years.

However, if he can contribute as the number 2 quarterback, then play him. I'd just hate it if he only played a couple snaps in the season and wastes a year of eligibility.

No, "ideal" would be if Park is actually good enough to beat out Lanning.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
That's a pretty good sign for the freshman!

He'll really still HS senior. "He should be at prom". He should get beat out by our Juco guy when he gets here but that's ok. Would hate to burn his redshirt unless needed. Good news is he can obviously play!

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Ahead of Delira already. Good, the new staff is already improving QB recruiting.

Mccarney mentioned how impressed he was with Noland after watching practice. We may have found a good one here.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
You don't redshirt guys who are ready to contribute immediately.

If he was ready to contribute immediately, he would be starting.

Redshirt him to start the year, yank it off if Lanning underperforms.

All of this assuming Park underperforms.

And if Park and Lanning underperform, we're in for a long year.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
He's gonna be so good that the names Zebediah and Zebulon both jump up the baby name charts nationwide.