Zaviar Gooden article...some hope!!

CDN_Tailgater

Apr 11, 2006
Nice read...sounds like Chiz has some cred...Also give some hope to landing him. I like the fact we are his last visit.

I would love to land this kid!!!!

Only downfall of the article is they refer to the Hawkeyes...when I believe he ment Cyclones!!!

Scout.com: Busy January

Last edited:

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
This Allen Wallace guy needs to be fired along with all of the other color commentators who confuse Iowa State with the Hawkeyes. How much credibility do you have when you can't even get your teams straight.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
880 is DREADFUL! When it used to be out of 1600, that's not completely horrid, but out of 2400 is next to brain dead. I think you actually have to try to get them wrong to do that bad.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
880 is DREADFUL! When it used to be out of 1600, that's not completely horrid, but out of 2400 is next to brain dead. I think you actually have to try to get them wrong to do that bad.

Oh c'mon now, maybe he just isn't a good test-taker. :eek:

CyclonesRule

Apr 10, 2006
West Des Moines
Anybody know if this guy goes to the same school as commits Darius Darks and Chase Harper? They are all from Pflugerville, TX but not sure how big that city is. This might give us a small edge(hoping).

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
eh... his plug to ISU sounds more like props than any sort of true leaning.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
they are an up-and-coming program so I'd have a chance to really help them out and be part of something special.

That is some great optimistic talk about Iowa State. And I believe every word of it (not just the Kool-Aid talking.) I think we are finally following a blueprint to become a REALLY great football program. And I think this kids thoughts on us are echoed by many others who are considering and those already committed to Iowa State. They are gonna get a chance to become part of something great in Ames and in Jack Trice Stadium. Chizik has a recruiting ability that I don't think we have ever seen at Iowa State, these kids seem to love his staff and what his is starting here. I just love it.

Allen Wallace - holy cow, get your stuff straight if you seriously just called us the hawkeyes. all that being said I don't see him choosing us, but I hope I am wrong and am jumping up and down figuratively (don't wanna hurt myself) here on CF.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
This Allen Wallace guy needs to be fired along with all of the other color commentators who confuse Iowa State with the Hawkeyes. How much credibility do you have when you can't even get your teams straight.

NO KIDDING!! I personally could name every BCS school and their mascot without checking if asked. For someone who's job it is to cover college FB recruiting to screw that up is inexcusable. If you don't know for some reason, it's not hard to do some research and figure it out.