MLB: Zambrano To Have MRI

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
That was awesome of Soto during the game by the way. He really impresses me and he's gonna be a great Cub for the years to come.

I love how Zambrano didn't want to leave the game and just wanted to continue pitching. If half the players on the Cubs had the fire he has, who knows how good the Cubs will be doing.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Zambrano has been a horse throughout his career (except that pesky injury from emailing his brother too much), and he leaves a start with an apparent injury about once every five trips to the bump. Until that MRI reveals damage, I wouldn't be worried.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
haha, yeah you guys can't catch a break.

pujols,wainwright,carpenter,molina,mulder,isringhausen.:no:

I think he's more talking about the Sky is falling. We had three of the most dominant pitchers in baseball a few years ago. Wood, Prior and Zambrano and the World Series in sight. Wood is a shaky closer now. Prior will probably never return and now Zambrano, who knows what will happen with him. When we are finally having a great year, of course a fan is going to say we can never catch a break. I know the Cards aren't catching any breaks either, but when you finally have a team that looks promising after a 100 years without winning a world series, then you'll understand what a Cub fan means when he says that.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I don't want to hear it from the Cards fans. LaRussa and Duncan have been peppering their magic pixie dust all over loser players and have been turning them into winners somehow for years. The Cards weren't going anywhere this year anyway, their fans should be happy they're getting all the injuries out of the way this season instead of later on when they can actually compete.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I don't want to hear it from the Cards fans. LaRussa and Duncan have been peppering their magic pixie dust all over loser players and have been turning them into winners somehow for years. The Cards weren't going anywhere this year anyway, their fans should be happy they're getting all the injuries out of the way this season instead of later on when they can actually compete.

Actually, the Cards are competing this year, they are not "not going anywhere this year." St. Louis is 3.5 games back of Chicago and in second place in the Central. The Cards have been surprisingly competitive because they weren't supposed to do anything this year, but guess what, they are in second place, with 12 games left with Chicago this season.

haha, yeah you guys can't catch a break.

pujols,wainwright,carpenter,molina,mulder,isringhausen.:no:

I'll add Matt Clement, Josh Kinney, Tyler Johnson, briefly Joel Piniero and now Todd Wellemeyer and Anthony Reyes. Yet with all those injuries the Cards are 11 games over .500 and in second place. Imagine if we had even half of them healthy.