Zags VERY confident about Gibbs

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Could be interesting this week - GU Board Forums

They are expecting a commitment from him on Tuesday. Mark Miller of the Wisconsin recruiting yearbook (wishoops.net) also has said he thinks Gibbs will be heading out west. I never really thought we'd sign him, but I have to admit I would be surprised if he went out there. I do know that when he went out for his visit he played with John Stockton and Adam Morrison and they really recruited him hard.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I'd rather see him at Gonzaga than Iowa or Wisconsin. Still, it always sucks to lose an in-state recruit if he does choose Gonzaga. :(

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Can't really blame him for going to the 'Zags (if he does). They're a national program that could use talent right now. ISU's not national yet, but we've got a LOT of talent coming in already (although I wouldn't complain about more coming in) and there would be competition for playing time. Then of course there's Iowa, that doesn't have much talent and yet still THINKS they're on the national stage...

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
My heart wouldn't be broken if we don't get him - HOWEVER, our 08 class is a little short on top 100 kids and it seems as though McD has really had a lot of success with Iowa kids. I think getting the best from Iowa is still very important for the long-term health and stability of the program. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron