Zach McCabe Tweet

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Some posters on hawkeye nation are saying that the fans who tweeted at McCabe aren't Iowa fans but are posing as Iowa fans. lol

Apr 26, 2010
I created a fake twitter handle as a Hawkeye fan and have razzed Hawkeyes over the year, include Zack McCabe yesterday.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Just read on Rob Howe's HawkeyeInsider twitter account that Iowa fans were leaving Carver-Browneye with 14 seconds left and Iowa still only down three. Wow.
I just think it's neat that members of the media, who get in the games for free, think they are qualified to comment on the coming-and-going behavior of those who pay to get in..

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Just read on Rob Howe's HawkeyeInsider twitter account that Iowa fans were leaving Carver-Browneye with 14 seconds left and Iowa still only down three. Wow.

In their defense...how many games have they pizzed down their leg this season...they knew it was a lost cause.

:wink:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I just think it's neat that members of the media, who get in the games for free, think they are qualified to comment on the coming-and-going behavior of those who pay to get in..

I don't see your logic. His job is to cover the game. The crowd/atmosphere is part of the game. Why would him paying/not paying for a ticket have any bearing on his ability to report if people are leaving?

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
This ia Iowa's best season since the 2005-2006 campaign. You wouldn't know it based on Fran's comments to a fan telling him to "root for someone else" and the McCabe tweeting incident.

Iowa needs to beat Minnesota tomorrow or all hell could break loose.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
This ia Iowa's best season since the 2005-2006 campaign. You wouldn't know it based on Fran's comments to a fan telling him to "root for someone else" and the McCabe tweeting incident.

their fan base is also really struggling with the fact that this was supposed to be the year they were better than us. the year frans "right way" finally pushed them past hoiball as we were rebuilding. then we go and do what we've done all year, plus beat them in a heartbreaker. that has to be tough for a fans base full of underachieving degenerates whose personal self worth seems to only be derived from whether or not Iowa wins/loses.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

It's what happens when a program that has achieved nothing for a decade acts like they are Duke for an entire offseason for no good reason. The local and Big Ten media helped feed it, but they ran with it. They wanted to skip a few steps, it's what's fueling the meltdowns.

It could have been much worse for them, the team that blew them out in the NIT is a bubble team but they all thought being in the NIT final somehow made you awesome no matter what. I'm surprised it took this long for expectations and reality to clash so harshly.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Who does Iowa play next? Wouldn't be surprised if those were troll accounts from that teams fan base. Or possibly Wisky fan rubbing it in.

Either way Mccabe just got trolled like a no0b.

Is that really something that happens? This hide-and-seek twitter bashing is getting ridiculous.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It's what happens when a program that has achieved nothing for a decade acts like they are Duke for an entire offseason for no good reason. The local and Big Ten media helped feed it, but they ran with it. They wanted to skip a few steps, it's what's fueling the meltdowns.

It could have been much worse for them, the team that blew them out in the NIT is a bubble team but they all thought being in the NIT final somehow made you awesome no matter what. I'm surprised it took this long for expectations and reality to clash so harshly.

Wanted to like this post, but an error occurred. I think you pegged Hawkeye fans spot on. So you get one of these:

1082.gif

Reactions: Mr Janny

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

That fan base is lucky they have 3 pretty easy games in a row

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
What happened was, Iowa fans who know/care nothing about basketball, read (or had a friend read them) that they are supposed be good in basketball. They applied their football tavern hawk fandom and assume (like football) they are among the elite. It's pretty amusing.

The really fun thing to watch in all of this is (thanks to where I live) I get to hear Husker vs Hawk bbal smack talk now. Talk about 2fanbases meant for each other.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

I'm not sure why a program that has been as down as they have been is acting like getting back to the NCAA tourney is chopped liver. I get Hawk fans being delusional, every fanbase has those people,what I don't get is that how just a few weeks ago. Guys in the (national) media had Iowa as a final 4 team. Really? Iowa is a talented team but they seem to invent ways to blow big leads. If they had one guy who carry them down the stretch in big games they'd be that kind of team but the proof is in the pudding. Every time this team has had its back against the wall, they've folded.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Tweeting at players is such a cowardly move. You should not call yourself "fan". You are disgrace. Who gives a right to treat those student athletes that way?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm not sure why a program that has been as down as they have been is acting like getting back to the NCAA tourney is chopped liver. I get Hawk fans being delusional, every fanbase has those people,what I don't get is that how just a few weeks ago. Guys in the (national) media had Iowa as a final 4 team. Really? Iowa is a talented team but they seem to invent ways to blow big leads. If they had one guy who carry them down the stretch in big games they'd be that kind of team but the proof is in the pudding. Every time this team has had its back against the wall, they've folded.

For some reason they think adjusted offensive tempo kenpom ranking means more than having NCAA tournament experience. I'll take our leading scorers having played and won NCAA games, our #11 RPI going into the real tournament, and our #26 Kenpom rating over their vaunted #10 Kenpom, #30 RPI and zero NCAA experience. These offensive tempo/scoring margin computer rankings seem to have really fueled the hype fire the media started in the offseason. A lot of times if an Iowa fan says "ranking" he's referencing KenPom without even specifying it assuming it's the most legitimate.

They're doing slightly better than I predicted, they brought back a marginally athletic team (outside of White and Marble) that couldn't shoot. They're shooting the ball way better (outside of the airball the thread is about) so that answered one of their questions in a good way.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Tweeting at players is such a cowardly move. You should not call yourself "fan". You are disgrace. Who gives a right to treat those student athletes that way?

Agree completely but also, why do these kids need twitter? its a set up for things like this to happen. McCabe likes the fame of have X amount of followers, sadly its makes you just as open to public ridicule as it does the adoring affections of fans. It's an ego thing for these kids, idk how coaches still allow this stuff.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
On a related note, Iowa fans still think Iowa team is better than Cyclones. :biglaugh: