Yuengling

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Shiner isn't even as good as Lone Star!

Which one are you trying (and failing) to **** on?

shiner-beer-11746d066cffc823.jpg

I will admit that the Smokehaus one is a bit rough. Tastes too much like mesquite smoke. Which is what it's supposed to taste like, I guess.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Which one are you trying (and failing) to **** on?

shiner-beer-11746d066cffc823.jpg

I will admit that the Smokehaus one is a bit rough. Tastes too much like mesquite smoke. Which is what it's supposed to taste like, I guess.

Who's trying to **** on any of them? Lone Star is a better beer. I'll drink a Shiner but I'll reach for a Lone Star much more often.

Hell I even have a bottle of Holiday Cheer in the fridge.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It means that it actually tastes good.

If you have to ask you can't afford it.
I've drank beer in independent breweries and while I have had some good beers it's not some life changing moment that some people make it sound like. When someone says craft beer experience it makes it sound like drinking a beer gives him a hard on.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
Yuengling falls into the category of an acceptable beer to drink when you're going to drink about 20 beers.

Reactions: dmclone

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
It surprises me that people have so much disdain for InBev. They help bring good beer all over the country.

My personal problem with them is that they've been known to buy out breweries and then change the flavor of them to make them in their minds more palatable to the masses or to just cut costs. I'm all for making as much money as possible, but it doesn't mean I have to like the philosophy.

• Agree
Reactions: GoodyISU1

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
My personal problem with them is that they've been known to buy out breweries and then change the flavor of them to make them in their minds more palatable to the masses or to just cut costs. I'm all for making as much money as possible, but it doesn't mean I have to like the philosophy.

Do you know that they’ve done that? I’ve talked with people inside some of the companies that have been bought up and they claim that hasn’t been the case.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
That **** is gross. If you're going to drink bad Pennsylvania beer go with Iron City or Rolling Rock.
Iron City?! Are you ******* kidding me? I guess if you like beer that tastes like an ashtray. I've been in Pittsburgh a while now, and like others have said Yeungling is about the best beer you'll find at that price.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I've drank beer in independent breweries and while I have had some good beers it's not some life changing moment that some people make it sound like. When someone says craft beer experience it makes it sound like drinking a beer gives him a hard on.

Well that's a little over the top. I'd say it's like comparing hamburgers.

Bud,Coors, Miller, etc
mcdonalds_cheeseburger-e1439833339630-991x510.jpg

Some Craft Beer
FTG-HeroShot-AuCheval-Credit-Kari-Skaflen.jpg

There are times when you just want a basic hamburger but if you don't think the 2nd burger looks better well....

• Agree

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Iron City?! Are you ******* kidding me? I guess if you like beer that tastes like an ashtray. I've been in Pittsburgh a while now, and like others have said Yeungling is about the best beer you'll find at that price.

I said it was bad. I'll take IC suck over Yeungling suck.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Do you know that they’ve done that? I’ve talked with people inside some of the companies that have been bought up and they claim that hasn’t been the case.

Yes. As an example they did it with Stella. It's not even the same beer anymore. Not saying they do it often, but their CEO makes no qualms that his only concern is the shareholders, which is undertandable.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yes. As an example they did it with Stella. It's not even the same beer anymore. Not saying they do it often, but their CEO makes no qualms that his only concern is the shareholders, which is undertandable.
Hmm, watered down products, quality doesn't matter anymore, just making money does? Jim Delaney?

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
I've never had a good beer in a green bottle, Yuengling included.

My issue with InBev is the heavy-handed tactic of crowding out smaller, independent breweries from store shelves.

• Agree

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
Never heard of Yuengling until I joined CF. I figured it was one of those hipster "I like it because you never heard of it" things. Looks like I was right.

What's next on the chopping block, PBR?

• Dislike

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron