• Texas A&M

Votes: 33 30.0%
  • Texas Tech

Votes: 10 9.1%

• Total voters

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Outside of Missouri, it is interesting that the most popular answers are Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech.

I also think that A&M is a wildcard, but I don't really see them tanking it. Of course I'm only expecting 9 wins out of them total, where many are thinking they will challenge for the Big 12 title and by their standards that would be tanking it.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Baylor, even if RGIII stays healthy there will be something else that goes wrong. Wanted to vote for K-State but their latest batch of transfers that can play kept me from doing it. A&M may as well, after Arkansas puts another beatdown on them at Jerry World in Dallas, their mojo may take a hit.

They may also re-consider their SEC dreams that day as well.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

Based on the commentary I have heard from hawk fans on Vandenberg compared to Stanzi I stick by my original statement. I was amazed how hard they were throwing Stanzi under the bus. Sure the kid wasn't anything special but he wasn't a dud by any stretch.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Based on the commentary I have heard from hawk fans on Vandenberg compared to Stanzi I stick by my original statement. I was amazed how hard they were throwing Stanzi under the bus. Sure the kid wasn't anything special but he wasn't a dud by any stretch.

I don't throw him under the bus, but I certainly have said that I do not think he is an NFL QB. Good college QB, sure. But not NFL. I may be wrong, but what's new?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Baylor, even if RGIII stays healthy there will be something else that goes wrong. Wanted to vote for K-State but their latest batch of transfers that can play kept me from doing it. A&M may as well, after Arkansas puts another beatdown on them at Jerry World in Dallas, their mojo may take a hit.

They may also re-consider their SEC dreams that day as well.

A&M's record against the SEC since 2004.... 0-5

Lost to Tennessee in 2004 Cotton Bowl 38-7
Lost to Arkansas in 2009 47-19
Lost to Georgia in 2009 Independence Bowl 44-20
Lost to Arkansas in 2010 24-17
Lost to LSU in the 2010 Cotton Bowl 41-24

The average margin of defeat in those games is just over 21 points. I can totally see why they want to join the SEC and their fans love the idea..... :eek:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
A&M. To be honest, I'll be a little surprised if Texas doesn't suck again this year. All the new coaches, QB uncertainty...Mack Brown could be on the hot seat by December.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Picked Mizzou, but would have picked Iowa if on there.
Stanzi, Clayborn, Ballard, Klug, Vandervelde, Sash, Greenwood, Reisner, Hunter, & Coke-head are gone.
Vandenberg could easily pull a Jake Christensen. Has 1 good game, 1 terrible game, & 1 game where he was a non-factor on his resume.
Coker will not make it thru the whole season at 75% or more of the team's carries. Will get injured if this is the case. Backup RBs will be freshmen.
Receiving corps is McNutt, then ? Iowa's TEs are most effective when the team can run & throw to the outside. Take away the run & McNutt, & I'd make the TEs beat me by having to have double digit receptions/game.
Defense has all kinds of ?s - LB core was decimated last year by injuries. 2 returning DBs are solid, but 1 is changing positions to S (Hyde). Are the 2 coming back actually that good, our were they able to make plays because of the players surrounding them last year? DL changes already mentioned.
Yeah, yeah, Iowa has 'talent' coming up, but to say there will not be a significant drop-off somewhere is not realistic in my mind.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I'd Luv to say Kansas State but unfortunately I cannot say that, but my pick is ...

Texas Tech followed closely by the Texas Shorthorns er Longhorns....

Let the fun and Games start.......

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
So in order of popularity, it looks like A&M is running away with it. Little surprised at how confident people are in OSU and KSU.

Kansas State 2 3.17%
Oklahoma 2 3.17%
Oklahoma State 2 3.17%
Iowa State 3 4.76%
Baylor 4 6.35%
Kansas 5 7.94%
Texas Tech 6 9.52%
Missouri 8 12.70%
Texas 10 15.87%
Texas A&M 21 33.33%

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Picked Mizzou, but would have picked Iowa if on there.
Stanzi, Clayborn, Ballard, Klug, Vandervelde, Sash, Greenwood, Reisner, Hunter, & Coke-head are gone.
Vandenberg could easily pull a Jake Christensen. Has 1 good game, 1 terrible game, & 1 game where he was a non-factor on his resume.
Coker will not make it thru the whole season at 75% or more of the team's carries. Will get injured if this is the case. Backup RBs will be freshmen.
Receiving corps is McNutt, then ? Iowa's TEs are most effective when the team can run & throw to the outside. Take away the run & McNutt, & I'd make the TEs beat me by having to have double digit receptions/game.
Defense has all kinds of ?s - LB core was decimated last year by injuries. 2 returning DBs are solid, but 1 is changing positions to S (Hyde). Are the 2 coming back actually that good, our were they able to make plays because of the players surrounding them last year? DL changes already mentioned.
Yeah, yeah, Iowa has 'talent' coming up, but to say there will not be a significant drop-off somewhere is not realistic in my mind.

The Iowa secondary better be up for the challenge this year. They won't have the benefit of a dominant DL in front of them causing all kinds of chaos for opposing QB's. It will be interesting to see how they hold up.

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
So in order of popularity, it looks like A&M is running away with it. Little surprised at how confident people are in OSU and KSU.

Kansas State 2 3.17%
Oklahoma 2 3.17%
Oklahoma State 2 3.17%
Iowa State 3 4.76%
Baylor 4 6.35%
Kansas 5 7.94%
Texas Tech 6 9.52%
Missouri 8 12.70%
Texas 10 15.87%
Texas A&M 21 33.33%

I think it is hard for people to think that KSU will "tank" because no one expects them to be great. they are predicted to be middle of the pack so they just dont have far to fall.

I dont see OSU tanking unless weeden/Blackmon gets hurt and even then they MIGHT be ok.

I think ATM is so high because they are getting so much hype.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I think it is hard for people to think that KSU will "tank" because no one expects them to be great. they are predicted to be middle of the pack so they just dont have far to fall.

I dont see OSU tanking unless weeden/Blackmon gets hurt and even then they MIGHT be ok.

This is the same Aggie team that had to score three 4th quarter touchdowns to beat Florida International last season. That screams Top 10 national ranking to me. :jimlad:

Is it truly tanking when you are just way overrated to begin with?

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire

How much does it also have to do with coaching?

Lets face it, Sherman has had bad teams with good talent before. Texas has almost a whole new coaching staff. People are still not sold on Tuberville in Lubbock.

I think with Missouri the thought is they have to have a down year sooner or later. Over the past six years, only Texas and Oklahoma have had more 10 win seasons and I think only Oklahoma and Texas Tech have been to as many bowl games. At some point they will have a down year and they have lost enough pieces that this could very well be the year.

At the other end, you have two of the most respected coaches of all time at KSU and OU. Mike Grundy might not be the most respected coach, but what he has done at OSU is undoubtable and he does have a great staff. Also, Rhoads is getting to be in that company of not only a great coach but also a great staff.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron