Your Reaction Sucks!

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
LOL ok buddy, we all knew the defense was young and we also all knew that the offense would take some time to install. If you didn't know this, you were fooling yourself.
Using the "young" excuse again, huh? No matter how "young" this defense is and how "new" this offense is, there's no reason to lose by 20 to an FCS school when you're a Power 5 school! It's a simple concept to understand.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Maybe, just maybe, we should wait until Mangino has a little time. I know, such a weird thought.
Time to do what? Figure out that the offense CPR wants to run at ISU is terribly difficult to execute? That the issues are not isolated to players being new Mangino? Was Mangino even the OC at KU?

ashmore

Sep 9, 2013
There's a HUGE difference between being a lousy fan and wanting more. When this team is no better than it was in the DMac years, fans have the right to be ******. When we can't beat a single FCS team, we should expect better. When your puppy takes a dump on your carpet, you don't sit there and say "that's okay". You do everything possible to make sure it doesn't happen again. So when Rhoads loses to UNI last year, he needs to do his best to make sure it doesn't happen again. He hasn't prepared this team to play because after looking great through 17 minutes, this team flat out stunk. Just because some of us think he needs to go doesn't mean we are awful fans. It means he's done the best he can and it just isn't good enough. This OP needs to quit being a drama queen unless he enjoys being a bottom feeder.

i have never understood the people who think CPR isa better than Mac. After the corner was turned Mac had ups and downs, but CPR has been break even in his best years, and our ***** kicked several times even in the best years.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
LOL ok buddy, we all knew the defense was young and we also all knew that the offense would take some time to install. If you didn't know this, you were fooling yourself.

oh my god. The defense is always young. Always. That's been the case for the last 7 years. At some point you'd think they would get a little older.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
CPR isn't going anywhere, but anyone who takes a fact-based look at his tenure will realize he hasn't accomplished anything.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

When do we install the location of the end zone? It sure looks like we think you get there by running towards the sideline.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
We have a football program that is historically one of the worst of all time. This has been and will continue to change during CPR's legacy.

The thought that we have to start all over again and wait for 3-5 years for the program to recover is depressing and deflating. I don't want this Coach to fail and I don't want him fired. Having said that, his win percentage is now well below our all time record in football

ISU all time win % = .456

Paul's win % = .421

The argument that "he's the only one who can do it" gets weaker with every one of these turds. More of what we saw today cannot be excused.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
We would have been alright this year had players not defected/done stupid things in the offseason.

Ok, just stop. Im positive you are trolling now. You have used the 2 most overused excuses when it comes to Cyclone football. If 2-3 player make up the entire defense then it was a **** poor defense anyways.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
The thought that we have to start all over again and wait for 3-5 years for the program to recover is depressing and deflating. I don't want this Coach to fail and I don't want him fired. Having said that, his win percentage is now well below our all time record in football

ISU all time win % = .456

Paul's win % = .421

The argument that "he's the only one who can do it" gets weaker with every one of these turds. More of what we saw today cannot be excused.
Spot on! There is clearly better out there and Pollard can find someone who can do better than 0-85 against FCS schools.

Cychedelia

Aug 26, 2014
Cedar Rapids
Ok, just stop. Im positive you are trolling now. You have used the 2 most overused excuses when it comes to Cyclone football. If 2-3 player make up the entire defense then it was a **** poor defense anyways.

You clearly don't understand football well, do you? It's hard to win with a bunch of freshman defenders, the older guys would have helped us tremendously.

Oct 2, 2012
Iowa
We would have been alright this year had players not defected/done stupid things in the offseason.

So what's North Dakota State's excuse? They had to replace, what, 15 starters on offense and defense as well as almost their entire coaching staff? Why did they come into Iowa State's house, punch them in the mouth and walk out with their lunch? They had to replace a team that won three straight national championships. Based on all of the excuses people are making on this board, it should not have been even feasible for North Dakota State to make Iowa State their *****.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
You clearly don't understand football well, do you? It's hard to win with a bunch of freshman defenders, the older guys would have helped us tremendously.
So we are expected to lose (not only lose, but get embarrassed) just because we have to start a bunch of freshman and sophomores?! When we are a Power. 5 school?! Come on, get a grip!

Cychedelia

Aug 26, 2014
Cedar Rapids
So what's North Dakota State's excuse? They had to replace, what, 15 starters on offense and defense as well as almost their entire coaching staff? Why did they come into Iowa State's house, punch them in the mouth and walk out with their lunch? They had to replace a team that won three straight national championships. Based on all of the excuses people are making on this board, it should not have been even feasible for North Dakota State to make Iowa State their *****.

They are fundamentally better, and that will change under Mangino.

Cychedelia

Aug 26, 2014
Cedar Rapids
So we are expected to lose (not only lose, but get embarrassed) just because we have to start a bunch of freshman and sophomores?! When we are a Power. 5 school?! Come on, get a grip!

I never said that we are expected to lose, but I am saying it didn't surprise me. They played fundamentally sound football, and we are young and not fundamentally sound. We will get there, but Mangino needs time to develop players.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I never said that we are expected to lose, but I am saying it didn't surprise me. They played fundamentally sound football, and we are young and not fundamentally sound. We will get there, but Mangino needs time to develop players.
Fundamentally sound football by an FCS opponent shouldn't beat a Power 5 school, ever. I don't know why you keep trying to argue for reasons to excuse this loss because it's inexcusable.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron