Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm a fan of the Florida jerseys they wore this weekend

I'm not a fan of florida's uni's generally, but I loved this. I like white helmets, and was actually ok with the idea of doing it here. Someone did a mock up of our uni's with a white helmet and it didn't look bad at all. If this had the "I-State" on the helmet, I think it would make for a GREAT alternate uniform for something like the Iowa game or Nebraska game.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I'm old school when it comes to unis..... Alabama, Notre Dame, Texas, Penn St. Keep it simple.

Same here. Always liked Bama and PSU's.

But I have to take this opportunity to say bring the 1976 ISU unis back, now.

brother bob

Feb 20, 2008
7 Seas of Rhye

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
Yale:

PRINCETON-YALE-FOOTBALL.jpg

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Michigan with Notre Dame coming in a close second.

My two basic rules:

A non fan must be able to tell what school it is just by color scheme or symbol alone. (For example, Iowa would be ok because of the Tigerhawk, ISU would be disqualified for having ISU on their helmet. However Iowa gets eliminated because their color scheme makes them look like the Steelers unless you can see the side view of the helmet.)

Rule #2 is what I like to call the Oregon rule. If you don't really have one defining uniform but rather multiple uniforms, you are disqaulified. The best uniform should be able to stand the test of time.

Any college football fan who can't identify Michigan or Notre Dame just by their helmet isn't much of a fan That's not even mentioning that most college football fans should also be able to recognize the uniforms as well. Hail to the Victors!!

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
Any college football fan who can't identify Michigan or Notre Dame just by their helmet isn't much of a fan That's not even mentioning that most college football fans should also be able to recognize the uniforms as well. Hail to the Victors!!

But the question is, can you distinguish Notre Dame's football helmet from Army, Navy, and Wofford?:cool:

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
But the question is, can you distinguish Notre Dame's football helmet from Army, Navy, and Wofford?:cool:

lol. It depends on how the sun reflects off their helmets:wink:

That's why ND was #2. Michigan's football team isn't very good, but their unifroms continue to dominate.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
1.Texas Road Uniforms
2. Mizzou's uniforms they wore against KU
3. Tennessee's road uniforms

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Favs:
1. Notre Dame
2. Texas
3. Penn St.
4. Alabama
5. Arizona St.
6. LSU
7. Michigan

But seriously, Our ISU ones are sweet.

Terrible Jerseys:
1. Iowa (Steelers) (Rape, arrests, non-graduate fans.....add in to the hatred of the unis.)
2. Oregon
3. Cal
4. Miami
5. Cincinnati (those bearclaw rips? really cincy? Those suck.)
6. Louisville (nice mix of black. oh, and your basketball coach is scum.)

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I don't get the big deal about Texas's road unis. Their almost completely white. They don't look bad, but, there's just nothing there, IMO. I don't like excessively "busy" unis like Oregon's, but it's just white with a couple strips of burnt orange. I don't get it.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I don't get the big deal about Texas's road unis. Their almost completely white. They don't look bad, but, there's just nothing there, IMO. I don't like excessively "busy" unis like Oregon's, but it's just white with a couple strips of burnt orange. I don't get it.

yeah, me either. If you like all white uni's then why not just pick Penn State?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
yeah, me either. If you like all white uni's then why not just pick Penn State?

Or Tennessee, who also has orange.

Also, that Yale picture up there looks a ton like BYU.

Tennessee
Morley-713334.jpg

Texas
texas.bmp

Are the black outlines on the numbers a real deal breaker?

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron