your Coach CPR

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
in all honesty, he does stutter once in a while, but I'm certainly not qualified to diagnose it at all. He's intense & blue collar, which I love. He's kind of the antithesis of Jim Tressel from those perspectives.

I don't stutter in normal speech but the times I have been interviewed on the radio and once on TV for some various things I somewhat stutter and have some nervous sayings that I do (i.e. "you know" and "UMM"). Most people speak a little different when they are being interviewed for radio or tv.

I talked to CPR in person at the coaches dinner and he didn't stutter one bit.

Sawyer

Aug 24, 2010
coach CPR. Im not an English major but say'n coach twice can be considered stuttering.

Reactions: Doc

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I am not a big fan of the clones, HOWEVER I love your coach, just love him.
He is at the right place and he is a true winner he knows how to run a program, he has passion and intensity and is a great fit for ISU. I sincerely think he will be in AMes for years to come EVEN if you guys take it to the next level.

This is NOT intended to be a sucker punch, but does he have a speech impairment?
Honest question. I know he has a higher level of intelligence. (to be a major college coach one must be a smart cookie.)

The reason I ask is because I saw a a video of him plugging season tix for the clones and he didn't come across very polished. Also his pre-game on the field interview with the FSN guy came across equally rough. I swear I have seen him give post game pressers and he sounded OK..

Its just a question. Lets face it Kirk Ferentz isn't exactly charismatic.

Well I won't flame like others since you didn't intend to do that.

He is from Ankeny. Graduated top of his class. Big time country boy that likes riding his Harley.

He spent time in Pittsburg. Joe Pa has an accent I heard...

Spent a year down south in Auburn.. Where everyone has an accent and talks slow.

Also, some people get nervous talking in public. I have done rodeo announcing before and the first few times you could hear me shaking over the mic. Some people don't speak well in public.

KF probably doesn't either but hides it by not saying much and keeping his responses short.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
I am not a big fan of the clones, HOWEVER I love your coach, just love him.
He is at the right place and he is a true winner he knows how to run a program, he has passion and intensity and is a great fit for ISU. I sincerely think he will be in AMes for years to come EVEN if you guys take it to the next level.

This is NOT intended to be a sucker punch, but does he have a speech impairment?
Honest question. I know he has a higher level of intelligence. (to be a major college coach one must be a smart cookie.)

The reason I ask is because I saw a a video of him plugging season tix for the clones and he didn't come across very polished. Also his pre-game on the field interview with the FSN guy came across equally rough. I swear I have seen him give post game pressers and he sounded OK..

Its just a question. Lets face it Kirk Ferentz isn't exactly charismatic.

I'm a big fan of people who are big fans of CPR. Honest question: where did you learn your grammar?

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
We've had two native Iowans leading our football program in the past 5 years. Can you tell me the last Iowa born and raised head football coach at the "University of Iowa?" I guarantee that no one on this board was alive the last time that the Hawkeyes could boast that.

Please don't insult people who reflect the true character of both of our fan bases on such a trivial matter.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Your Coach Coach Paul Rhoads? First, I argue with the title of your thread. I'm (not??) even going to touch the rest of it, because I hate trolls. Especially Hawk trolls. Also, learn to use english. Please.

I love it when people try to correct somebody on their grammar or spelling and mess up their sentence.