Young + Jackson + Wigginton + . . .

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
+ McNeil + Weiler-Babb (and so on). I'm not 'X's and 'O's knowledgeable, so I gotta ask, if Solomon's development takes off from here, does recruiting look the same now as it did before the KSU win?

Still need the same positions? Is Solomon a 4 or 5 going forward? Do we play two 4s anyway?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I wouldn't mind a sit out guard either based on who is available. They need somebody else we know can play for next year just to make sure we have enough bodies in case somebody gets hurt.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I wouldn't mind a sit out guard either based on who is available. They need somebody else we know can play for next year just to make sure we have enough bodies in case somebody gets hurt.

I think "best available" is the direction I would go. You definitely want 1-2 more immediate contributors, but I don't want to see our young guys' minutes diluted too much by taking 4 Jucos/transfers.

Hopefully we can land one more prep to develop, or maybe a sit-out transfer. If Carter or someone else leaves then maybe you can keep one open for a midyear.

If you think you have enough with our current roster to make a run at the tournament, then maybe you look more for immediate help, but if it's going to be a rebuilding year regardless, I hope they look more to setting up the following season.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I am not especting much from Ray Kasongo next year based off of what I heard, but he would give us another body inside to go with Lard. We may actually have some good depth at the 4-5 next year.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I don't necessarily expect it but I wouldn't be shocked if we made the tournament next year. Jackson is level headed and smart enough to take control of this team next year with our promising young guys sprinkled around him and Babb. I'm excited.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I think recruiting almost depends more on how Lard looks. I don't think he's practicing full speed yet from what Prohm has said, but if they are confident in that he can provide minutes next year, that may affect how they view grad big men, sit-out transfers, etc.

I think ideally, they aren't desperate for JUCO or Grad Transfer bigs so they can use the schollies on the best available players.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
When do post-season workouts start in mbb? Is it organized? Wondering how Lard will begin to work into team settings. Maybe just 'shirts and skins' in the gym for awhile?

Will it be fall semester before Cameron can be coached in a team setting?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
When do post-season workouts start in mbb? Is it organized? Wondering how Lard will begin to work into team settings. Maybe just 'shirts and skins' in the gym for awhile?

Will it be fall semester before Cameron can be coached in a team setting?

He could practice with the team right now if they wanted. I think Prohm wanted to hold him out of practice for 6 weeks or so until he got more up to speed. I think there's also a limited amount of hours each player can spend on basketball a week, so the staff maybe wants to use his allowable basketball hours for weight-lifting and individual workouts at this point rather than team practice. Maybe treat him like a true freshman showing up for summer.

I'm really curious to get some reports on how he is looking. @ChrisMWilliams :)

Reactions: isutrevman

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't think it changes a ton, Young being a starter would make it easier to take one of the tweener juco PF's we've been looking instead of gambling on a big body to stick at the 5. The thing it would change is now you're looking for a big to come off the bench instead of a starter. Getting a 5th year wing and post along with the best sit out transfer at any position would be ideal to me. Even a Holden-ish type of player would be fine as long as he wasn't expected to be a starter. Next year will be rough without getting at least one big 12 caliber grad transfer IMO but it will be fun watching the young guys come along.