You thought Hilton was bad

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
Baylor is rated 20th in the country and I would guess there is less than 5000 fans in the stadium.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
It's in Texas and it's not football. No major support for that "2nd tier" sport in TX. Catch the plug for Baseball...yep that too ranks above basketball.

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
It's in Texas and it's not football. No major support for that "2nd tier" sport in TX. Catch the plug for Baseball...yep that too ranks above basketball.

yep. caught that.

you would think that maybe baylor fans might care about their bb team because they are doing well.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Who said Hilton is bad? It's nothing like it used to be, but I don't see anyone calling it bad.

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
Who said Hilton is bad? It's nothing like it used to be, but I don't see anyone calling it bad.

alot of people have called it bad on here lately.

it is nothing like it use to be but it wouldnt take much to get it rocking again.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I don't think I would ever say Hilton is bad, but it's not the place it used to be, course it always better when the teams win consistently and the fans are ALWAYS loud. Still wouldn't mind to go there for games more often.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
It's a Wednesday night and, no offense, but we're playing Iowa State. Not too exciting of a match-up to the average occasional hoops fan.

Exactly....I am seeing a pattern with the south teams. You can tell fans don't show up to watch an Iowa State team that hasn't been good in awhile. It takes a lot (ISU ranked 12th) to get south teams fan's to the gym.

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
they just announced over 7000 at the baylor game. if there is 7000 people there i will eat my hat and anbody else that wears a hat. they are pulling an old Carver trick.

baylrballa

Feb 3, 2007
League City
earlier than usual start (tough to drive down from dallas), lack of exciting opponent, bad thunderstorms all day, etc.

lot of factors against a large crowd tonight.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
earlier than usual start (tough to drive down from dallas), lack of exciting opponent, bad thunderstorms all day, etc.

We get blizzards and **** and still pull that. Our women draw that for games, as do yours I'm guessing. Our men suck and we put more people in seats than that. There's no really good excuse. Iowans just must be tougher than those pansy Texans. :biggrin:

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines

There is no excuse, it's a league game. We draw twice as many when we play middle tennessee state on a Tuesday night, and that's a lack of two exciting opponents.