You may be able to breathe through your butt

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

"For the first time, researchers have proof that intestinal breathing can occur in mammals — albeit, with a little intervention.

When the research team injected either gaseous or liquid oxygen into the rectums of both rodents and pigs, a procedure known as enteral ventilation via anus (EVA), they found the animals were capable of intestinal breathing.

In fact, the procedure boosted oxygen levels in animals experiencing oxygen deprivation, increasing their chances of survival."

Could have some interesting and valuable implications for treating lung issues.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

"For the first time, researchers have proof that intestinal breathing can occur in mammals — albeit, with a little intervention.

When the research team injected either gaseous or liquid oxygen into the rectums of both rodents and pigs, a procedure known as enteral ventilation via anus (EVA), they found the animals were capable of intestinal breathing.

In fact, the procedure boosted oxygen levels in animals experiencing oxygen deprivation, increasing their chances of survival."

Hmmm... Seems like a skill you need to learn. I think I've got a jump on exhalation.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

So do you think they had a scientific name for this process before they started sticking things up the rectums of animals, or do you think they created this as cover that what they were doing was actually scientific? Cause this seems like a weird thing to get into and we may need to do some background checks on these "scientists".

Edit:
And let me add for the OP, what kind of browsing history do you need to have that this sort of article pops up for you?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
So if I’m taking a big poop, am I actually potentially choking myself?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
So do you think they had a scientific name for this process before they started sticking things up the rectums of animals, or do you think they created this as cover that what they were doing was actually scientific? Cause this seems like a weird thing to get into and we may need to do some background checks on these "scientists".

Edit:
And let me add for the OP, what kind of browsing history do you need to have that this sort of article pops up for you?

Saw it on Ozzy Man Reviews (if you haven't seen his videos, they're pretty funny)

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Hok fans have been doing this for years.

I always wondered how hok fans could still breathe with their heads up there.

tenor.gif

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
I believe it. I know a lot of people that can talk out their ass like politicians, hawk fans,....