You gotta be a bad hombre to not get along with Huggs ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Allen leaves West Virginia with 13 scholarship players on the roster and the program is still recruiting Tacoma (Wa.) wing Emmitt Matthews, who is now on an official visit to campus. But he couldn't consistently produce as a reserve.

He ultimately chose West Virginia over offers from Iowa State, Middle Tennessee State, George Mason, DePaul and Virginia Tech.

Allen received Super-State honors after averaging 31.6 points and 13.0 rebounds as a senior at Boys Town, becoming the first boys player in the state to average more than 30 points per game since 1996.

http://theafricom.com/2018/05/04/teddy-allen-granted-release-from-wvu.html

Creighton would seem an obvious choice. When I played football at Heelan our only loss was to Boys Town. I remember all the nice stuff Fr. Flanagan had for his team that we didn't enjoy on ours.

Last edited:

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Did Frannypants give all his scholarships to his spawn and friends or I guess one available if Cook leaves? Probably would not be right way plus needs even more tall skinny tree players. Huggy is cuddly in comparison.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclonepride

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I believe Huggs has gotten a little Bill Snyder with age. He'd be in FBI sight lines ten years ago. But today, he seems to take no shiz from youngsters and runs off the bad boys. His recruiting tactics have changed as well - no more Beasley methodology, evidently.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I believe Huggs has gotten a little Bill Snyder with age. He'd be in FBI sight lines ten years ago. But today, he seems to take no shiz from youngsters and runs off the bad boys. His recruiting tactics have changed as well - no more Beasley methodology, evidently.
No different than Self showing Brannen Greene the door. Kids who dont play within the system and who whine about their role usually get shown the door if the HC is confident he can be replaced.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
No different than Self showing Brannen Greene the door. Kids who dont play within the system and who whine about their role usually get shown the door if the HC is confident he can be replaced.

Or perhaps Greene left because someone threw him a ringer?

tumblr_kpd8fvipad1qa26qlo1_500.jpg

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Am I missing something? I don't see anything about Huggins kicking him out or him getting in any legal trouble or anything like that. What's the deal with this post?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Creighton would seem an obvious choice. When I played football at Heelan our only loss was to Boys Town. I remember all the nice stuff Fr. Flanagan had for his team that we didn't enjoy on ours.

I don't know if Creighton is the obvious choice. I'll be curious if he goes closer to home.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Allen was never suspended at all last season. Don't just make stuff up. There were several games where his minutes were severely cut due to attitude problems but he was never suspended.

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — The benching of West Virginia freshman Teddy Allen appears likely to continue Saturday against Texas, with Bob Huggins saying coaches are “in the process of teaching Teddy to listen.”

http://wvmetronews.com/2018/01/19/huggins-benched-allen-unlikely-to-play-against-texas/

Definition of suspension
: the act of suspending : the state or period of being suspended: such as: temporary removal (as from office or privileges): temporary withholding (as of belief or decision)

Last edited:

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Allen leaves West Virginia with 13 scholarship players on the roster and the program is still recruiting Tacoma (Wa.) wing Emmitt Matthews, who is now on an official visit to campus. But he couldn't consistently produce as a reserve.

He ultimately chose West Virginia over offers from Iowa State, Middle Tennessee State, George Mason, DePaul and Virginia Tech.

Allen received Super-State honors after averaging 31.6 points and 13.0 rebounds as a senior at Boys Town, becoming the first boys player in the state to average more than 30 points per game since 1996.

http://theafricom.com/2018/05/04/teddy-allen-granted-release-from-wvu.html

He's from Arizona not Nebraska though and didn't have much interest in Creighton the first time around. I think Arizona St is likely or he could join his little brother at Utah. I don't see him coming back to Nebraska, if he did, Huskers would be more likely. I think he ends up out west.