You gonna watch the SEC do over championship?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Hell yeah I'll watch. I'll take an all SEC title over a Big 10 team in the title game. These teams proved they are the best by beating the ACC's best and the Big 12's best. People complaining are just wanting something to complain about.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I will not watch, no interest at all.....The Playoffs are flawed and they need to fix or big games like this will continue to lose viewers.....

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Those Georgia RB's are fun to watch.
I agree, but I think AL sneaking in is going to be enough to get them into the yet another National Championship, which as always makes me want to puke when I say it.....

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Hell yeah I'll watch. I'll take an all SEC title over a Big 10 team in the title game. These teams proved they are the best by beating the ACC's best and the Big 12's best. People complaining are just wanting something to complain about.
There's just SEC fatigue with a lot of people and I get that. To be the man you have to beat the man and that's a tough ask. With the amount of great high school players they have in that region (especially in the trenches), the passion/obsession for CFB, and the $$$ they put in for resources/coaches they aren't going away anytime soon.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm not terribly interested to begin with but I'll probably tune in a bit.

The point of the playoff is to earn the right to play and they both did it, and college football is 9 months away.

Not Georgia's fault that Mike Stoops coordinates a defense in a way that would get him fired at a lot of other places.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Yes, I will watch. It's the last CFB game till Sept. Also I don't get hung up on all the "I hate the SEC" stuff. Oklahoma & Clemson had their chance to beat them and didn't do it.

I don't really care who made the championship game because, like you said, they earned their spots. I was upset because I was hoping for Oklahoma since I thought they were entertaining to watch and, bonus, we beat them. I'll probably watch the end if it gets close just so I can root against Alabama (I'll always root for the underdog if I won't have a favorite)

As far as the SEC hate, I never cared about conferences growing up, however two things have tarnished my opinion since then:

- Missouri leaving and doing the whole "SEC, SEC" chant crap makes me actively root against teams from that conference, particularly in games I don't care about. Living in KC at the time, I was surrounded by it non-stop. Missouri fans are bad and this made them insufferable.

- The constant barrage of conference blanket statements wear me out (Big XII is defense-optional, SEC proves once again that defense wins championships, Pac 12 plays that west-coast style of play, Big 10 teams will systematically wear you you out with their lines) blah blah blah. Every conference has teams that fit that mold and those that don't. Many of the statements are rooted in truth, but they are mostly just more generalities forced upon up by the networks and talking heads.

Rivalries make college sports fun. Feeling like you need to cheer for traditional conference rivals to better your RPI or strength of schedule just sucks.

• Agree
Reactions: madguy30

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Put the winner against UCF to determine the real champion; after all UCF did beat the team that beat both Bama and UGA. I would definitely watch that game!

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Sure. It has to be SEC hate, because rematches are going to occasionally happen no matter what. Suppose tOSU had snuck in and ended up in a rematch with Oklahoma? Would anyone be up in arms about that? Just because the two teams have already played once doesn't mean it can't be a good game. Last chance to watch college football for eight months. Take it or leave it.

Georgia and Alabama haven't played yet this year. It's not a rematch.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
What if they are in fact the 2 best teams in the country? I don't care if they are in the same conference (SEC, Big 12, Pac 12, whatever). Just want to see the 2 best teams in the end play.
They certainly could be. Still a buzzkill for me.

• Disagree
Reactions: beentherebefore

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Yes, I love College FB (and MBB), but I admit it's hard to accept an SEC final and the conference dominance.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Yes, I love College FB (and MBB), but I admit it's hard to accept an SEC final and the conference dominance.

As much as I don't want to watch, I probably will check it out for a while just because I'm a college football fan and it's the last game for 8 long months.

The dominance of Saban and Alabama is kind of boring. Hats off to him for what he's been able to do but I would like to see some variety-- something like a team that hasn't won a conference title for over 100 years making the playoff :)

Same thing in the NFL. Belichick and Brady are historically great, but if you're not a New England fan, it's gotten pretty boring seeing those guys at or near the championship game every year.

It's better for the sport if there's some variety and some hope that someone outside of six to eight teams can win it all.