You Going to See Top Gun: Maverick?

Are you going to watch Top Gun: Maverick in theaters?

• Yes

Votes: 142 51.4%
  • No

Votes: 72 26.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Who cares

Votes: 24 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Hell yeah! Probably not opening weekend though. Will see it Oshkosh at the latest (five story high outdoor inflatable screen. I believe at least the director and producer will be present.)

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
You know what I AM going to see this weekend? Special release of StarTrek:The Motion Picture.

Daughter bought tix and hasnt seen maybe ever, despite being a big trekkie. Its slow, plodding, and slow, but what the hell.

TWOK special showing on labor day weekend, now THAT will be fun!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
We have tickets for opening night only because the reviews are off the charts. I will get blasted for this...but I hate the original.

I loved the first one, so I wasn't terribly excited about this one... However, like you said I haven't heard a single review that wasn't even just great. The reviews for this are fantastic.

Reactions: dahliaclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Who doesn’t love a well made homoerotic fighter pilot volleyball film? Seriously.

The soundtrack and NES game seemed almost as big in pop culture when I was a kid for original. I didn’t have the NES game but it seemed like every other boy I knew had it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Who doesn’t love a well made homoerotic fighter pilot volleyball film? Seriously.

The soundtrack and NES game seemed almost as big in pop culture when I was a kid for original. I didn’t have the NES game but it seemed like every other boy I knew had it.

Landing in the OG NES game was super tricky.

Afterburner was way better...unfortunately I traded it once and never saw it again.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Landing in the OG NES game was super tricky.

Afterburner was way better...unfortunately I traded it once and never saw it again.

Yeah it’s not a classic NES game that holds up like many others but at the time it was up there with punch out as an 80s kid pop culture experience. I couldn’t land the plane or refuel so I’d toss the controller to friend who owned the game.

You’re exactly right that Afterburner in an arcade was Top Gun come to life. I can’t remember if afterburner came out before or after the movie. It took a decade for a home console to run the game decently.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron