You Can't Make This Up ---!!!

Statsman515

Jun 20, 2009
L A (Lovely Ames)
Was just doin some look - see on a Squack board and found this. Like I wrote in the title, you can't make this up!!!

13 wins still possible

We have 12 more games on the schedule (10 regular season, Big Ten Title Game and Rose Bowl). Look at who is left. Nobody good. We are due to beat Nebraska at some point, why not this year (they just lost to UCLA). We have beaten Michigan several times in the past few years and the way our defense is playing, they will be lucky to score a TD (look at what Alabama did to them and watch us do the same). Michigan State got lucky against us last year and lost everyone good off of that team save for the RB, but we will shut him down. The rest of the schedule is a bunch of nobody teams who we will roll in accordance with the ordinary course of a Ferentz coached team (e.g., Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue, etc.).

Then, look at how the conference title game is shaping up. Ohio State is not eligible for it and frankly, they are the only team that could match up with us in the Big Ten (though given that JVB nearly beat them as a freshman, I doubt they could beat us today), which will leave us with either a rematch against Purdue or a game against Illinois or Wisconsin, two teams with a host of issues (PSU is also out, of course). Our guys generally need two games to gel, and at game three the Doyle-ization process kicks in and the team really asserts itself. We made a season's worth of mistakes in the first two games, the staff now has game film with which to teach and Ferentz will get this young team on track starting with a 56-3 win this weekend.

Post ******: The original poster was indeed on Hawkeyenation.com. His user name is Okeef4prez.​

Last edited:

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
i wanna give him the benefit of the doubt on a well written troll article...

but i think he's 100% serious

hawkfan2679

Oct 19, 2010
My guess would be that you don't spend much time there. The individual who started that post has a schtick that, to his credit, he has kept up for as long as that site has been active (sometime in 2009) and even before that on the old HawkeyeNation boards.

*The above assumes you saw this post on Hawkeyenation.com.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
No way he is serious. That is a cyclone fan trying to make hawk fans look stupid

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
It is possible, the big ten is just awful, really really awful.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
My guess would be that you don't spend much time there. The individual who started that post has a schtick that, to his credit, he has kept up for as long as that site has been active (sometime in 2009) and even before that on the old HawkeyeNation boards.

*The above assumes you saw this post on Hawkeyenation.com.

This. It's 100% not serious. It's by Okeefe4prez. He bills himself as a Northwestern fan, and trolls HN constantly. You can pin a lot of stupid things on hawk fans, but this isn't one of them.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
I don't know seems pretty plausible other than winning the Rose Bowl. Isn't Iowa primed for a Big 10 title ever since they lost to ISU?

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
I thought maybe, just maybe, it was a serious post by a very delusional (or drunk) Iowa fan. Then I saw this and knew it had to be a joke:

The rest of the schedule is a bunch of nobody teams who we will roll in accordance with the ordinary course of a Ferentz coached team (e.g., Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue, etc.).

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
This. It's 100% not serious. It's by Okeefe4prez. He bills himself as a Northwestern fan, and trolls HN constantly. You can pin a lot of stupid things on hawk fans, but this isn't one of them.
I love that other schools find hok fans as ridiculous as we do.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Joke or not, my favorite part was the Doyle-ization of the players kicking in around the third week of the season. Is that when they all start peeing brown and bust out the dialysis machines at halftime?

cobraclone71

Jan 3, 2011
56-3....this has to be a joke...

56 points from the team that has found the end zone 1 time in 8 quarters of play. Yup, completely rational.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron