Yet Another Boneheaded Move by the Iowa AD

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Well, the Hawk fans that I've talked to are not embarrassed. In fact. They are giddy that Barta punked a bunch of 19 year olds. But I guess if you're a Hawk fan you enjoy the little victories when it comes to Barta. One of few things he has done that won't end up in court.

Reactions: Jdk and ripvdub

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You buy it as a Group, I understand that, but they got a group discount, because of the volume, not because they were getting them free to give to the B&G kids. They just disguised their identity, not defrauded the ticket office to gain free or discounted tickets. It would be a whole other story if they had gotten free tickets claiming they were for the B&G club kids, and then went as the students. But that is not what they did. They just had to identify as a group to buy tickets. Anyone can do that, I could buy a group of tickets for my employees, or my kids class, or anything. Hell I am sure several resalers do this too.

Only way it becomes fraud is if they claimed the B&G club to gain a bunch of free tix for kids, then went in their place.

Claiming what they did is fraud is a reach. I would be like calling all of us not using our real name on this board or twitter etc being guilty of fraud.
In that interview by the head of Orange Krush it certainly sounded like they got a charitable group discount which would be a greater discount than a regular group discount. That would be fraud.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
In that interview by the head of Orange Krush it certainly sounded like they got a charitable group discount which would be a greater discount than a regular group discount. That would be fraud.
yeah, that seems kind of shady.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
And even if that isn’t the case, using someone else’s name to buy a ticket because they aren’t going to sell to you would be fraudulent. It’s different than me buying tickets for my dad as a treat and putting them in my name.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks and iahawks

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
The Cedar Rapids BGC should sell the donated tickets back to the orange krush and pocket the money. I bet they can’t even give em away.

Reactions: Die4Cy

Fizer

Feb 22, 2021
The Cedar Rapids BGC should sell the donated tickets back to the orange krush and pocket the money. I bet they can’t even give em away.
Well considering tickets are going for more money than the Iowa State vs Kansas game, I would think they could make some money off of them.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Well considering tickets are going for more money than the Iowa State vs Kansas game, I would think they could make some money off of them.
Is that true? Guessing the game is at Allen Fieldhouse?

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Huh? Upper deck for KU vs ISU game was going for 90 dollars 3 MONTHS AGO. I know because I bought them then lol

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Is that true? Guessing the game is at Allen Fieldhouse?
Iowa fans more than any other fanbase knows how difficult it is to get to games. Especially at inconvenient times, bad weather . . . . I forget all of the excuses.

:jimlad::jimlad::jimlad:

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Yes and the nose bleeds at carver are going for $95. The point was that both games are sell outs and people are wanting tickets to both.
These figures are from 2019-2020 when ISU was not good.
Iowa State (12-20): avg 13,954 in 14,356 = 97.2% full
Iowa (20-11): avg 12,357 in 15,500 = 79.7% full

Reactions: VeloClone

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Well, the Hawk fans that I've talked to are not embarrassed. In fact. They are giddy that Barta punked a bunch of 19 year olds. But I guess if you're a Hawk fan you enjoy the little victories when it comes to Barta. One of few things he has done that won't end up in court.
Also giddy are the local KXNO shows and the respective hosts on Twitter. They’re exalting that GarBar has shown a shred of competence in their eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: CyNews