Yes this is CyTwins

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I don't understand how 247 determines team commit rating. Iowa has 4 commits. Two have ratings that average .8697. The other two have no rating at all. So their team rating is .8697. That's like giving the two unrated guys a rating of .8697. Makes no sense.

I note also they have the #57 class for 2020. But their commits last year were the #73 class. So, this horrible 2020 class is better than what they got for 2019? Very confusing.
247 simply adds up the "recruiting" points of all the recruits...i.e: 1+1+1+1=4. Right now Iowa's total "recruiting" points of its 4 commits makes it the #57 class...which is extremely low for any Div 1 school having 4 recruits. This is shown by USC, which is currently the #58 class...with 1, yes, 1 recruit, not 4 like Iowa. Heck, Iowa State has the #48 class with 2 recruits.

To further demonstrate Fran's futility, Iowa shows as the #10 recruiting class in the BIG...but the truth of the matter is that all the teams ranked lower than Iowa each only have 1 recruit. They all will pass Iowa once they get a 2nd recruit. This is a historically bad recruiting class by Iowa...it would rank, per 247, average recruit score per player, as #6 in the Mountain West, and pretty much near the bottom of all the power conferences.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
247 simply adds up the "recruiting" points of all the recruits...i.e: 1+1+1+1=4. Right now Iowa's total "recruiting" points of its 4 commits makes it the #57 class...which is extremely low for any Div 1 school having 4 recruits. This is shown by USC, which is currently the #58 class...with 1, yes, 1 recruit, not 4 like Iowa. Heck, Iowa State has the #48 class with 2 recruits.

To further demonstrate Fran's futility, Iowa shows as the #10 recruiting class in the BIG...but the truth of the matter is that all the teams ranked lower than Iowa each only have 1 recruit. They all will pass Iowa once they get a 2nd recruit. This is a historically bad recruiting class by Iowa...it would rank, per 247, average recruit score per player, as #6 in the Mountain West, and pretty much near the bottom of all the power conferences.

I'm telling you there's no way a major conference program has ever had a class this bad. Ever

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It was a tweet that deserved an "F You" response. It's bull**** to suggest he made up a mental health condition for the sole purpose of not having to play anymore.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I agree it deserved this response, but not by someone like Kenyon Murray

What the hell does that mean? Why would Kenyon Murray not be entitled to an opinion on this-- especially since he apparently knows Carton?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
A quick look on his Twitter shows he's a 19 year old man. Iowa fans would say anything under 25 is off limits but I say go get him Kenyon!

So an adult, not a kid. Go figure-- Twins making up ****.

I can't imagine having a sad enough life that you're following Kenyon Murray on Twitter and coming here spreading lies like this.

Imagine thinking the bad guy here is Kenyon Murray, not the guy who is suggesting Carton made up a mental health condition.