Yellowjackets

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I hemmed and hawed watching the new horror/drama on Showtime called Yellowjackets but kept seeing more buzz online and more friends talking about it. Just caught up on the first 8 episodes the last two days. This show is so good.

• Agree
Reactions: TXCyclones

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
I keep feeling shock at the language, imagery, and nudity because it feels like a show that would be on FX. Really enjoying it and I’m hooked!

Reactions: dahliaclone

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Same here. I held out, thinking it was some dumb teen girl drama, but have been watching for awhile and it is really good. I think it has a "Lost" vibe to it.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Same here. I held out, thinking it was some dumb teen girl drama, but have been watching for awhile and it is really good. I think it has a "Lost" vibe to it.

Lord of the Flies/Lost for sure. Only three episodes left. I know there is already a second season but there is a LOT that has to be addressed the next three weeks to get back to where this all started in episode one.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Lord of the Flies/Lost for sure. Only three episodes left. I know there is already a second season but there is a LOT that has to be addressed the next three weeks to get back to where this all started in episode one.

I saw the trailer and immediately thought it looked like Lord of the Flies with older kids. I haven't seen it yet, but it's on my list.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I started watching it but then realized I need yet another subscription to continue so stopped after ep. 1. Looked interesting up to that point.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
There's a supernatural element I feel is going to become more a part of things. The whole "this place doesn't want us to leave thing". I also think some cannibalism is a part of things to come, which is always fun.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Little mother ******* can burn in hell forever.
064620a4-665e-4d8f-8206-e105f44dc507_text.gif

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Yo, who watches YJs and did you see the finale...?

This is the most entertaining show I've watched in a while...delivered every week including last night.

I think Lottie made it back and started an "official" cult and it's those cultists who snatch Natalie. Whether or not she would still be alive probably isn't that important. Not sure why they'd kill Travis but it's gonna be fun to find out.

Whether or not Taisa (sp?) is a cult member...or is even conscious of it...she's obviously practicing cult rituals in the basement...

I'm assuming they eat Jackie and start practicing cannibalism in earnest now that winter has arrived.

Other thoughts?

Frog

May 6, 2021
I wont watch it. I lived the horror. Last Sept I stuck a shovel in the ground in our pasture behind the house to fill in a shrub hole my bride had me remove. I stuck the shovel in the ground and pulled up the dirt and they cam swarming out of the ground chasing me. The freaking things chased me all the way to shop with me doing my best Breece Hall moves. I had a few come in the shop with me. 7 stings altogether. My bride saved me. She walked up to the nest with them buzzing around with a piece of plywood and a tiki torch fluid and burned them out. After she was sure gone I dug up the nest the next day. Freaking huge! Of all the place to dig I stuck the shovel in between their entrance/exit hole and the nest!!

Reactions: 20eyes

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Yo, who watches YJs and did you see the finale...?

This is the most entertaining show I've watched in a while...delivered every week including last night.

I think Lottie made it back and started an "official" cult and it's those cultists who snatch Natalie. Whether or not she would still be alive probably isn't that important. Not sure why they'd kill Travis but it's gonna be fun to find out.

Whether or not Taisa (sp?) is a cult member...or is even conscious of it...she's obviously practicing cult rituals in the basement...

I'm assuming they eat Jackie and start practicing cannibalism in earnest now that winter has arrived.

Other thoughts?

Have not watched last night's episode yet. Guess you have dropped a bunch of spoilers on us. :oops:

No worries. Wife and I like the show. I am just hoping they bring it to a good ending point since there is another season coming.

• Dumb
Reactions: Macloney

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I have just started watching this show in the past two weeks and it is fantastic! Oddly, the city where I live has one highschool who's mascot is the Yellowjackets (more odd is that their school colors are orange and black). Rockwall Yellowjackets.

• Friendly