xbox 360 game for 9 yr old

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010
I'm looking for suggestions for xbox 360 games for my 9 yr old son. It needs to be rated E, E10+ or possibly Teen as long as there is no violence. He would like to have some kind of 1st person adventure/strategy game. He already has minecraft which is enjoyed but he's not bored of it. I did a google search and the Portal series seems interesting even though it's rated teen.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Heard the kids love MineCraft. Portal is pretty cool, I couldn't get the hang of it at all when it first came out but it was a really cool game visually, and my cousins who were low teens at the time were pros. Also, do not know if this is an XBox 360 game but I remember Little Big Planet being a huge hit when it first came out in the younger crowd.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The Lego games are awesome. I enjoy playing them as well. The only violence is "bad guys" breaking up into lego blocks.

Minecraft is fun to mess around in as well. They may have to fight some spiders and skeletons though.

• Funny
Reactions: Tailg8er

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Heard the kids love MineCraft. Portal is pretty cool, I couldn't get the hang of it at all when it first came out but it was a really cool game visually, and my cousins who were low teens at the time were pros. Also, do not know if this is an XBox 360 game but I remember Little Big Planet being a huge hit when it first came out in the younger crowd.

Little Big Planet is Play Station only. Fun as hell though.

• Agree
Reactions: CyArob and srjclone

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Lego Dimensions? Really any of the Lego games are a good bet - there is Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Batman, and Marvel and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. My 4 year old and I play Lego Star Wars - that game is awesome. It spans the original trilogy and prequels and has enough content and characters to entertain both of us.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
I'm looking for suggestions for xbox 360 games for my 9 yr old son. It needs to be rated E, E10+ or possibly Teen as long as there is no violence. He would like to have some kind of 1st person adventure/strategy game. He already has minecraft which is enjoyed but he's not bored of it. I did a google search and the Portal series seems interesting even though it's rated teen.

My sons both love the Skylanders games. You can pick up the older games pretty cheap. Unfortunately, you end up having to buy a bunch of characters, too. Rayman Legends is pretty cool. It's kind of like a Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog-type game. I'll second the Lego games. Lego Marvel Superheros is one of the best games I've played.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
My 9 year old daughter loves playing Disney Universe. It's a mix of action and figuring out puzzles to proceed through levels. It's an older game (2011), but it's kinda fun.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
My sons both love the Skylanders games. You can pick up the older games pretty cheap. Unfortunately, you end up having to buy a bunch of characters, too. Rayman Legends is pretty cool. It's kind of like a Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog-type game. I'll second the Lego games. Lego Marvel Superheros is one of the best games I've played.

Skylanders is really fun. Forgot about those games. I would suggest looking on Ebay or somewhere to see if someone is unloading the game and some of the character figures in a bundle. The gameplay itself is fun and should be easy for a 9 year old to get the hang of. But buying all of the figures adds up.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
My 9 year old daughter loves playing Disney Universe. It's a mix of action and figuring out puzzles to proceed through levels. It's an older game (2011), but it's kinda fun.

That IS a good one. Kinda like Skylanders where you play as different characters, but you don't have to buy anything extra. Incorporates a lot of different movies which is fun too.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
If your kid likes driving games, there should be plenty of options. The Burnout games were all a lot of fun. Rockstar's Bully would be pretty decent too, and pretty tame violence wise.

The batman arkham games are rated teen, but they're fairly dark.
The Marvel Ultimate Alliance games are cartoony beat-em-ups, that are a lot of fun.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
This thread reminded me of asking for NCAA Football every Christmas and creating a dynasty with ISU. Once those stopped being made my interest in video games faded away.

• Winner
Reactions: 3GenClone

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I beat Lego Marvel with my 6 year old nephew over the summer. Getting all those achievements took me forever. Great game.