Xavier Silas dismissed from CU

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
Good news for us. He was a really talented player. Their 3rd leading scorer.

That is a MUST win. Because that will be our only win on the road.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Two words: At Boulder.

It's always tough sledding when we play at Boulder, no matter who they have on their team.

I absolutely agree with that - and OBVIOUSLY we're not a strong on-the-road team. Just saying that it wouldn't hurt to be at least a little positive.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Even when we are a good road team...Boulder is trouble. I like your attitude Angie. I wish I could share it. After being a diehard for 23yrs, I have seen most everything and if there is one thing you will learn is that more often that not if it can go wrong it will for ISU. Doesn't mean I don't root my butt off though.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Probably has to do a lot with the altitude and how it zaps our athletic endurance, but I definitely agree playing at Boulder isn't historically good for us....

Hopefully this year we start proving that theory wrong...

becrisgreg

Apr 11, 2006
Omaha
Boulder is where we ended the "streak". Back in the early 90s and the height of Hilton Magic, we never lost at home, and went 2 + years without winning a Big 8 road game - against some real bad CU and KState teams.

Justice Thigpen hitting a running 1/2 court buzzer beater to win at Boulder and end the streak!

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
Boulder is where we ended the "streak". Back in the early 90s and the height of Hilton Magic, we never lost at home, and went 2 + years without winning a Big 8 road game - against some real bad CU and KState teams.

Justice Thigpen hitting a running 1/2 court buzzer beater to win at Boulder and end the streak!
If I remember correctly, wasn't there some controversy as to whether or not it was a 3?

Aug 21, 2006
Des Moines

I find it funny how people keep exaggerating where he shot it from. I heard 45 feet the other day, and 35 a while ago..Justus jumped towards the hoop from about a foot, possibly two, behind three-land, and landed pretty close to the hoop. Harrington (CU's coach) went nuts because he was convinced it was a two. So no, not a half court shot.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
March 1

First of all, the pre-game Alumni gathering is across the street at Skinny J's in the Boulder Outlook Hotel. Starts at 2:00

Jaquay Walls did hit the half court shot to send the game to overtime when Fizer came to town. JW then scored 10 straight in OT to bury the good guys.

As for back in the early 90's, Thigpen his a bomb from just inside half court that Crazy Joe Harrington didn't feel got off in time IIRC. Justice hit the shot and just kept running into the tunnel.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
It's gotten to the point where I don't even enjoy watching our games at CU. Every year its heartbreak to watch us beat them by 20 at home and lost by 5 at their place. Same with KSU...