Xavier Hutchinson Appreciation Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYdways432

Jan 22, 2015
Cedar Rapids
Liked seeing him running shorter routes over the middle yesterday. Will need to complete some quick hitters as I’m sure Texas will bring pressure from all over.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
He has come a long ways after dropping passes in that 1st game. Seems very reliable now

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I was glad to see Scales make a play down field. He is talented, but just seems to make a lot of mistakes. Hopefully that TD will spark more attention to details.

Hutchinson has been a huge pickup for the Clones. I know that coaches and DBs were raving about him in practice. Great to have someone in the WR corp that is causing problems.

Reactions: t-noah and Aclone

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Probably the black unis but I thought he looked like he's slimmed down a bit and had more explosion.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Agree. He's settled in to Big12 play now and I think we'll continue to see big games from the Xman down the stretch. Texas now gets to defend one the Big12's best RB, TE, and WR.
Pump the brakes.

No doubt with RB and TE. Could throw in QB. But Hutch is good, but let’s pump the brakes on Big 12’s best WR. Maybe Top 10. Probably not Top 5.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I was glad to see Scales make a play down field. He is talented, but just seems to make a lot of mistakes. Hopefully that TD will spark more attention to details.

Hutchinson has been a huge pickup for the Clones. I know that coaches and DBs were raving about him in practice. Great to have someone in the WR corp that is causing problems.
After the game, CMC was talking about what a hard worker Xavier is. Hopefully that will rub off.

Not pointing that statement to any one wideout in particular.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Pump the brakes.

No doubt with RB and TE. Could throw in QB. But Hutch is good, but let’s pump the brakes on Big 12’s best WR. Maybe Top 10. Probably not Top 5.
Are you sure about that?

X is currently third in the conference in both catches per game and yards per game. Do facts rock your pants?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
He's been carrying the WR group. Nice to see Scates and Shaw make a couple of plays yesterday but most games, its X and the TE's producing in the passing game. Hutchinson is so physical, he gets a lot of extra yards after breaking tackles.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
If Scates can make people miss I'd wish we would use him on screens occasionally. He clearly has some wheels.

When TX blitzes - and those jackasses always will against us, we will need to use some blitz beater plays. Throws to the rb and outside screen passes keep a defense honest and on their heels more.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If Scates can make people miss I'd wish we would use him on screens occasionally. He clearly has some wheels.

When TX blitzes - and those jackasses always will against us, we will need to use some blitz beater plays. Throws to the rb and outside screen passes keep a defense honest and on their heels more.
TEs on quick hitters would kill blitzes also.

Reactions: t-noah and Blandboy