Xavier Foster out for season

Carnegie

Jul 10, 2019
Because of lack of playing time caused by a previous injury he had. Duh why not lol.
He's apparently having surgery, so not fake news. Seems the team has had a lot of serious injuries the last few years reducing playing time. Hopefully Foster comes back strong. Let's be clear, the main performance issues with the ISU MBB team is NOT a player issue.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Greg and Wes v2.0
You are comparing Wesley Johnson, who played an entire season with an injury, to Xavier Foster, who is having surgery to fix an injury and will miss the rest of the season.

Would seem Foster's injury is being handled in the exact OPPOSITE manner to Johnson's. Other than that, great comparison.

Last edited:

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I guess I would wonder why this didn't get done after his senior year. I guess they thought it would heal and never did. Bummer, really wanted to see him play more.

Reactions: Bubba Hubba

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
not sure how some people are conflating Xavier's injury with the coach and perceived issues...he's a young guy with a life ahead of him that may or may not include basketball...it would seem the ONLY thing anyone with compassion could say is that "we wish you luck and hope to see you next year." Plenty of Prohm threads if you want to spout off on him.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I think Prohm handled this well. I’m sure glad he wasn’t handling it like McDermott handled Wes Johnson, questioning his manhood etc.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Looks like we'll be waiting one more year until...

tenor.gif

Heal up well, Xavier. We look forward to your return.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
not sure how some people are conflating Xavier's injury with the coach and perceived issues...he's a young guy with a life ahead of him that may or may not include basketball...it would seem the ONLY thing anyone with compassion could say is that "we wish you luck and hope to see you next year." Plenty of Prohm threads if you want to spout off on him.

But if you're not 110% against the Bad Man all the time and very loud about that then you're basically supporting him!

Reactions: clone4life82

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Let's hope he doesn't transfer, because it most likely will be EIU.
I don't think so. Not saying for sure he'll be back, but even if he goes I don't think he ends up there. McCaffrey might be winning now, but he still isn't putting kids in the league.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It is silly to conclude he will transfer. It is reasonable to consider this could increase those chances.

I actually think this might reduce his options, not increase them.

He just went from "high 4* 7' big man prospect" to "big man with no history of production and an injury history of something known to end the career or reduce the effectiveness of such players."

If he were to transfer, he is no longer a prized recruit. He is a big risk. That might limit those hypothetical options.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Hopefully he gets healthy and is ready in 21-22 no matter who is at the helm for Iowa State.

Reactions: JBone84

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
"A fanatic is one who won't change his mind and won't change the subject." ~Winston Churchill

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
What's awful is, this doesn't impact our season one bit. He was going to sit behind Solo and George anyway. I wouldn't blame him for leaving but I think this will make it tougher for him to get looks from the type of programs he would be interested in. He's got baggage now. He's now the only fr I would expect to be back next year.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I actually think this might reduce his options, not increase them.

He just went from "high 4* 7' big man prospect" to "big man with no history of production and an injury history of something known to end the career or reduce the effectiveness of such players."

If he were to transfer, he is no longer a prized recruit. He is a big risk. That might limit those hypothetical options.

But he is still 7’