WWE Elimination Chamber/Fastlane (2018) Thread

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
It's being reported that Jeff Hardy is returning to at least backstage tonight, but it's anticipated that, if not tonight, then very soon he will once again be by Matt's side, this time donning the "Brother Nero" role (or something very similar to it).

It's also being rumored that, after his dip in the Lake of Reincarnation, when Bray Wyatt returns he'll be "Woken Wyatt" (or Broken Bray, if you will), which will be a face character (perhaps slow-burn) and will be alongside Matt and Jeff in the Broken/Woken universe.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
2 Questions

Why is Asuka still on Raw?

Why is she still wrestling no name squashers?

I usually fast forward through all women's events, but isn't she touted as undefeated or at least having a huge winning streak?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I usually fast forward through all women's events, but isn't she touted as undefeated or at least having a huge winning streak?

Yes but she's clearly above the point of wrestling no namers. That's more of when your building a wrestler up and start them off wrestling scrubs.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Yes but she's clearly above the point of wrestling no namers. That's more of when your building a wrestler up and start them off wrestling scrubs.

Yeah if you're going to have her win the rumble, the days of beating jobbers are over.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Props earlier to the Miz and Miztourage for that fake out on Miz TV. Thought for sure that was legit especially when the MIz said he was a better IC champ than Axel's Dad.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Props earlier to the Miz and Miztourage for that fake out on Miz TV. Thought for sure that was legit especially when the MIz said he was a better IC champ than Axel's Dad.

Beat me to it. Amazing segment and really had me fooled. The Miz can sell just about anything.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
NXT TakeOver: New Orleans card is essentially set.

Aleister Black vs Andrade “Cien” Almas (NXT Title)
Ember Moon vs Shayna Baszler (NXT Women’s Title)
Undisputed ERA vs the winner of the Dusty Rhodes’ Classic (AoP vs Roderick Strong and Pete Dunne) (NXT Tag Team Title)
It will be all three teams in a triple threat match - they just haven’t gotten that far along in the tapings yet)
EC3 vs Lars Sullivan vs Adam Cole vs Velveteen Dream vs Killian Dain vs Ricochet in a ladder match (debuting NXT North American Title)
Johnny Gargano vs Tomasso Ciampa in an unsanctioned match

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
In case people are asking because they aren’t familiar...

EC3 was basically the face of TNA/Impact for the last 5 years (in kayfabe he’s the nephew of Dixie Carter, whose parents bought the promotion off the Jarretts many years ago). Before that he had a run in FCW, the original “game show” NXT, and the current NXT that’s a reboot of both under the name Derrick Bateman.

Ricochet is huge in the worldwide independent promotions, especially PWG and NJPW. If you watched Lucha Underground you know him as Prince Puma. He has essentially had a “handshake” deal with NXT deal with HHH for years, but he had to wait for his LU deal to expire before he could work for WWE (and how LU deals work is they last until all of the taped episodes have been aired - and the way season 3 played out, he basically been done with LU for nearly 2 years. He’s been wrestling for that time, just not on TV until recently:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Random thoughts after watching RAW/SDL this week:

-I'm getting bored quickly of Cena doing the same thing over and over this week.

-Shinsuke and Styles are really good top booking right now for SDL. I can't figure out why I'm starting to like Shinsuke so much other than he's really mastering a way to be a presence with few words. Bonus points for using his actual name as his ring name.

-I wonder if Shane will be able to compete for Mania. Seems like this storyline has culminated too late and seems a bit rushed.

-I'm curious to see what they do with Asuka at Mania and going forward.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The one thing that would make Reigns-Lesnar work on Sunday: Heyman betrays Lesnar for Reigns. It makes little sense, but this entire build has made little sense.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
The one thing that would make Reigns-Lesnar work on Sunday: Heyman betrays Lesnar for Reigns. It makes little sense, but this entire build has made little sense.

I would like to see anything happen, it seems like the entire WWE has been spinning its wheels for months.

• Disagree
Reactions: Playboi Carti

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Saw that the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal is part of the Pre-show. Is it basically to get guys some WM exposure? Otherwise, they've barely talked about it.

My order of excitement for booked matches:

1. Shinsuke vs. AJ Styles
2. Miz/Rollins/Balor
3. DB-Shan/Owens-Zayn
4. Braun-TBD/Cesaro-Sheamus (I've enjoyed the build up for this. I LOL'd at Brain Strowman)
5. Angle-Rousey/Triple H-Stephanie
6. Lesnar/Reigns

The rest I'll be interested in just not as excited.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
So is Cena Taker not happening? Don't want it to but Cena wouldn't be doing this week after week for it not to happen. Thinking something happens tonight on Smackdown. I still think Kid Rock being the Celebrity inductee leads to Old School Taker being retired but American Bad*** Taker will take on Cena. Then Cena should go back to Thuganomics Cena for the match.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron