WWE Battleground

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Rusev sucks. It's Nicoli Volkovs character and they are not even trying to act like it's anything else. The differenece was we were in a Cold War with Russia at the time. So people really hated Volkov. Even though backstage everyone loved the guy.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I wonder if Sandow will ever get out of the "you're a total joke that gets humiliated every week" role?

At least he gets air time on RAW. Look at guys like Zach Ryder who used to be a part of storylines....I'd rather be a gimmick and make some money than an afterthought.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Do you guys think everytime Bo Dallas is about to get to the ring, the producer tells him "Alright, you got 5 minutes til your music...go ahead and jump in the river across the street and come on back.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
At least he gets air time on RAW. Look at guys like Zach Ryder who used to be a part of storylines....I'd rather be a gimmick and make some money than an afterthought.

The problem with this is, sometimes the next step to being in the "joke" role is out the door.
I think this guy has actual talent.

Look at Big Show. I think the amount of times he's been put in the joke role is probably in double figures. He's also in double figures with the "do what we want or you're fired" swerve.

I think even the druids at the tapings or house shows know that they will never fire the biggest freak in the freakshow.

Sandow might be a different story.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Big Show has been around long enough he can do a lot of storylines. He can do the whole "I have an ironclad contract so I can do what I please..." or the "I have to listen to the authority because I have no money"...to even being a gimmick.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Is there truth to the Big Show being flat broke or is that just a story line. He has shown he is willing to do just about anything for the storyline. INcluding BBM showing up at his dads funeral shortly after he died.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The problem with this is, sometimes the next step to being in the "joke" role is out the door.
I think this guy has actual talent.

Look at Big Show. I think the amount of times he's been put in the joke role is probably in double figures. He's also in double figures with the "do what we want or you're fired" swerve.

I think even the druids at the tapings or house shows know that they will never fire the biggest freak in the freakshow.

Sandow might be a different story.

Sandow isn't going anywhere especially now that Santino has been forced to retire. I wouldn't be surprised by a comedic face turn for Sandow now.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
BTW I have heard that Triple H loves Sandow and his "Will do anything for the company" Approach. So he is basically being smart. Be friends with Triple H and you get to stay longer.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Is there truth to the Big Show being flat broke or is that just a story line. He has shown he is willing to do just about anything for the storyline. INcluding BBM showing up at his dads funeral shortly after he died.

I remember that!

reminds me of when they used Paul Bearer's death as apart of the storyline with Punk/Taker.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
reminds me of when they used Paul Bearer's death as apart of the storyline with Punk/Taker.

The difference is PB would have wanted that. He was in the business. His family was happy they used him, even though dead, in that way. Shows dad was not in wrestling.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The difference is PB would have wanted that. He was in the business. His family was happy they used him, even though dead, in that way. Shows dad was not in wrestling.

That's what I figured. PB would have wanted the show to go on....and man was the timing perfect for that. Also made it for a great tribute to him.

My guess is Show would have known his Dad would be fine with all of that.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Hell if I died and the WWE wanted to use it as part of the ******. I would be 100 percent in. That would be cool as hell. katie Vicks parents thought the same thing. haha

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
His dad was Andre the Giant.

I like to see a source on this.

Edit

Paul Wight, better known as "The Big Show", is more similar in body structure to André than any other wrestler since André's death. He was originally billed as the son of Andre during his stint in WCW (when he was known as simply "The Giant") despite no biological relation. It was strictly storyline

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron